Community Member

invitations

i responded to 3 interviews on upwork but it said only 2

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dalia, 

Welcome to Upwork and the Community. I have merged your posts into one thread as it may be considered spamming, and is in violation with the Upwork Community Guidelines. Just the same, I'd be happy to assist you with your questions. 

There may be a delay in updating the information on your account. Please allow for the system to update within 24-hours, and let us know if the issue persists. 

what happens if the funds are not released from escrow as the client did not verify his payment method

do i loose the feedback as well will the job be deleted from my profile or it will remain
The job will be shown on your Work History, but feedback will not be shown. If no money has been paid on a contract, the job, and public feedback will not show on your Work History. 

i reported uwork a job that i am being asked to do work for free and upwork closed it but suddenly now client messaged me to complete the job and i didn't even receive a contract please help its so confusing i want to block him
I was unable to identify the client that you are referring to here. But you should be able to block the client if you do not wish to receive messages from the client moving forward. Please do not work on the client's project unless a contract is setup, you accepted it, it is showing on your My Jobs page as an active contract, the client's payment method is verified, and a milestone is setup (for fixed-price contracts). 

Since you are relatively new, I would recommend that you read up on these freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
dalia1984
Community Member

what happens if the funds are not released from escrow as the client did not verify his payment method

do i loose the feedback as well will the job be deleted from my profile or it will remain

dalia1984
Community Member

i reported uwork a job that i am being asked to do work for free and upwork closed it but suddenly now client messaged me to complete the job and i didn't even receive a contract please help its so confusing i want to block him

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dalia, 

Welcome to Upwork and the Community. I have merged your posts into one thread as it may be considered spamming, and is in violation with the Upwork Community Guidelines. Just the same, I'd be happy to assist you with your questions. 

There may be a delay in updating the information on your account. Please allow for the system to update within 24-hours, and let us know if the issue persists. 

The job will be shown on your Work History, but feedback will not be shown. If no money has been paid on a contract, the job, and public feedback will not show on your Work History. 

I was unable to identify the client that you are referring to here. But you should be able to block the client if you do not wish to receive messages from the client moving forward. Please do not work on the client's project unless a contract is setup, you accepted it, it is showing on your My Jobs page as an active contract, the client's payment method is verified, and a milestone is setup (for fixed-price contracts). 

Since you are relatively new, I would recommend that you read up on these freelancer resources and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs, for help getting started, and for more information about working safely through Upwork.

Hope this helps!

~ Avery
Upwork
dalia1984
Community Member

The client I am talking about is for the job **Edited for Community Guidelines** I never accepted a contract and it's not on my jobs

Hi Dalia,

The job you`re referring to has already been closed by the client and your proposal was moved under the Archived tab. If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thanks one last thing it shows on my transaction history that the funds will be received on the 25th and it's an unverified contract
Does this mean I will receive it?
And if not will my job success score be affected if public feedback will be removed
dalia1984
Community Member

Thanks for ur help however there is a misunderstanding I never received a contract and it's not in my job list
It's the job tiltledbsimple recording -Arabic client name sanchita sawardekar

Dalia G wrote:
Thanks for ur help however there is a misunderstanding I never received a contract and it's not in my job list

If you want the job, and the client's payment method is verified, tell the client you'll be happy to work with him and to go ahead anf hire you.  Do no work until hired and the payment method is verified.

Dalia, time to take a step back from your frantic posting and familiarize yourself with how the platform works. 

Read EVERYTHING in the help section and on the forum. If you THEN have further questions, and have not found the subject discussed before, feel free to ask the forum again. 

The forum is a bunch of mostly nice and mostly helpful people, but not there to hold your hand every step of the way, as a serious professional would not require that kind of assistance. 

Ok thanks
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths