🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: linkedin profile !
Page options
b7d66863
Community Member

linkedin profile !

I have quite an outstanding linkedin profile, i have alot of endorsements and recommendations and i think it would be much helpful if i attached a link to my linkedin profile on my upwork profile, but is it ok to do such a thing !?

Appreciate your replies,

Yousif

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Yousif,

I can confirm Preston's post. Yes, this is right. You can also use Skype. Please, check this post for more information about how to recognize and avoid scam jobs.

There are no rules prohibiting you from including a link to your LinkedIn profile when you submit a job proposal.

~ Riri

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
prestonhunter
Community Member

You are not allowed to link your Upwork profile to LinkedIn.

There are no rules prohibiting you from including a link to your LinkedIn profile when you submit a job proposal.

If you link your Upwork profile to LinkedIn, or to another site which contains your direct contact information, you could have your Upwork profile suspended.

So on submitting proposals i can attach my skype id and email if asked ! and that would go fine ?!

Hi Yousif,

I can confirm Preston's post. Yes, this is right. You can also use Skype. Please, check this post for more information about how to recognize and avoid scam jobs.

~ Riri
nyrrielatienza
Community Member

Hi Yousif,

Your profile can't include your email, Skype contact information, or links to any sites that include a way to contact you outside of Upwork. This includes a link to your personal website or a third-party profile or certification (like LinkedIn). You can however, link your public account from the following websites to your Upwork account: Twitter, StackOverflow, Dribble, GitHub, Behance, and DeviantART.

Please also see these help article: 

Enhance Your Profile

Freelancer Violations and Account Holds

image.png

~ Riri
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths