🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: location issue
Page options
lisa_contreras
Community Member

location issue

I am located in the United States and have not changed my location. However, I noticed when I was going to submit a proposal I am seeing this, below.  I haven't seen this happen before.  Any thoughts?

You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications

You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria:

4 REPLIES 4
joanbonjoc
Community Member

Hi Lisa,

Please follow the instructions sent to you about ID verification so you can proceed on submitting proposals. Our team has reached out to you through a support ticket and you may reply directly to that ticket and post any questions you have. Thank You.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

Hi Jo-An,

I am having the same issue. Whenever I try and submit a proposal I get this error:

You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications

You may still submit a proposal, but the client will see that the proposal does not meet the following criteria:

I have gone through the ID verification, and I have never lived anywhere other than the United States...

matttrussell
Community Member

I have the same issue. No idea why. Did you get this resolved?

re: "I have the same issue. No idea why. Did you get this resolved?"

It's not you, Matt.

Upwork made some big changes in verifying locations recently, but the system is really a mess right now.

They're working on it. Will probably take a while to get all the kinks worked out.

For now, they're saying that freelancers are not ACTUALLY affected by this particular problem. The freelancers are seeing warnings, but the clients are not being told that these U.S.-based freelancers aren't in the U.S.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths