🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » looking for job
Page options
jafarimohammad90
Community Member

looking for job

Dear all,

I'm a new freelancer with completed profile, is here anybody can help me out, how can I get new job or what is the best solution that may require that I go through?

7 REPLIES 7
arafat204
Community Member

Yes, Mohammad,

You should follow some rules and regulations which has already given by upwrok.com.
You are able to apply for the job, simply ignore the warning that you don't meet that criterion.
- Must apply as fast as possible.

- Don't copy paste your cover letter for job applications.
- Don't apply for more than 3 jobs a day. 
- Be available online for more than 12 hours. 

I hope these would help you.

Thanks
Arafat

Md Arafat

@Md. Arafat - wrote:

Yes, Mohammad,

You should follow some rules and regulations which has already given by upwrok.com.
You are able to apply for the job, simply ignore the warning that you don't meet that criterion.
- Must apply as fast as possible.

- Don't copy paste your cover letter for job applications.
- Don't apply for more than 3 jobs a day. 
- Be available online for more than 12 hours. 

I hope these would help you.

Thanks
Arafat

I disagree with almost all of your advice:

You are able to apply for the job, simply ignore the warning that you don't meet that criterion. - Never apply to jobs you are unqualified for. It is a waste of your time and connects.

- Must apply as fast as possible. Not true. A serious client will wait for a number of proposals coming in, and take time to select the one best fitting his requirements. That can take days. 

- Don't copy paste your cover letter for job applications. Agree, but that will not be possible when you main aim is to be fast. 

- Don't apply for more than 3 jobs a day. There is nothing wrong with applying to more than 3 jobs a day, provided they are a good fit and you are confident you can deliver excellent results. 

- Be available online for more than 12 hours. It is a good idea to be online frequently, especially in the beginning, but I don't see how 12 hours is specifically required. 

Your first task is not writing proposals, but working on your profile. I feel that you can improve it considerably by taking tests to show your skills, and simply present yourself better. The marketing tools of your profile are: 1. a good picture. 2. a good headline. 3. a good first sentence. These will entice a client to klick on it and open it further, or skip it. Use them to your advantage. 

Dear Arafat,
Thanks for all your nice information and it was really helpful.

Mohammad Yasin:

You claim that you are "looking for a job".

But you have no portfolio at all.

I don't think any freelancer is serious if he doesn't have a portfolio.

@Preston H wrote:

Mohammad Yasin:

You claim that you are "looking for a job".

But you have no portfolio at all.

I don't think any freelancer is serious if he doesn't have a portfolio.

Nothing against a few nice portfolio items, but a new freelancer in an unsexy field such as data entry might not have them. Taking test, though, should be a no-brainer, everyone can take them, and they look good on a profile. 

re: "field such as data entry"

My further advice would be to drop "data entry" from his profile.

He has some other skills listed.

If he can do anything else, I suggest focusing on that. Including "data entry" suggests to me that a freelancer is not a specialized professional, but is somebody whose main virtue is "owning a computer with Internet access."

Thank you so much,Martina for more details.

Md Arafat
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths