🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: membership plans plus
Page options
deboragrafica
Community Member

membership plans plus

Hello, On March 21st I chose the membership plans plus which provides for 70 connections, but upwork gave me only 50 connections. Can you tell me when I'll have the other 20 connects that I paid? In the meantime I changed the membership plans in the basic one that will start from April 21st.. Thanks for your attention.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@debora c wrote:

Hello, On March 21st I chose the membership plans plus which provides for 70 connections, but upwork gave me only 50 connections. Can you tell me when I'll have the other 20 connects

You won't, it is pro-rated, depending on how much time is left on your billing cycle.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

@debora c wrote:

Hello, On March 21st I chose the membership plans plus which provides for 70 connections, but upwork gave me only 50 connections. Can you tell me when I'll have the other 20 connects

You won't, it is pro-rated, depending on how much time is left on your billing cycle.

thanks Petra!

harart85
Community Member

Hello! On May 29 I started plus plan but I got only 34 connects. So,  will I get the next 36 connects? Will they be renewed as there is told in the membership settings? 

Hello Harut. When you switch to Plus membership, your current membership month is cut short, and you immediately start a new full month of Plus membership. In future months you will get the full 70 connects. But in the first month of Plus membership you only get a pro-rata amount, to reflect the fact that you didn't complete the previous month's membership. 

If that doesn't seem right to you, consider this extreme example. Suppose that your last month of basic membership started on May 20th and you used all 60 connects for that month in a single day. And suppose you then changed to Plus membership the next day, May 21st, and received a full month's 70 connects on that day. Then you would have received a total of 130 connects in respect of a period of just 32 days, which would be too many. The pro-rata calculation is applied to adjust for that effect.

Thank you, Richard. But why didn't they tell us about it when we go to plus plan? And so, we aren't going to get the other connects ? This means, they're cheating on us.

Hi Harut,

Richard is right. You can also check this help article for more information. Let us know if you need further clarification. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork
harart85
Community Member

Dear Joanne, I guess I didn't really understood the issue about plus plan. I would like to know why there wasn't any warning that I won't get the supposed 70 connects? I am new in upwork and I've read about the membership plans, but I didn't get any information about these things. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths