🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » mess up with client
Page options
285fb300
Community Member

mess up with client

Hi, one of my clients is doing totally illegeal with me. We setup a contract for a simple wordpress site and I've deliverd the job before deadline as the reference site and according to her requirements. Then she forced me to do the second project which is another new job and we didn't discuss it before and she said that she will give me bad feedback if I don't do the second website. I did it and two websites done.

Now, she is not paying me the money, disappares for 15 days and now she is telling me that she needs more work. I'm toally stuck and afraid of feedback, i really don't want to have any bad feedback as I don't apply to any work that I can't do with confident.

and the budget was only 15 usd for a single site, i did it for a nice review. I owe her total 30 usd.

can anybody please help me, how I can prevent her leaving a feedback, how can I hire a upwrok lawer or something like this.

2 REPLIES 2
NikolaS

Hi Md Rafiul,

Please note that any request for free work is not allowed on Upwork, and it is a violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. I encourage you to let us know if a TOS violation has happened by using the Flag as Inappropriate option throughout the platform. You can learn more about user reporting here.

You may also want to check this help article for more information about Fixed-Price Protection.

It is always good to communicate and politely explain everything to your client to avoid any misunderstanding. You can discuss the terms of further engagement on the contract and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

Additionally, feedback represents the user's opinion and because of this, Upwork can't edit these comments or scores, nor can we investigate them for accuracy. Please try to work out any feedback issues you have with your client directly. You can find more information here

~ Nikola
Upwork
martina_plaschka
Community Member

You need to use upwork as intended. You should never do free work, this is very much discouraged by upwork. There is no upwork lawyer that can help you.

Just end the contract. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths