🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: milestones
Page options
evemarinero
Community Member

milestones

hey! i'm a new freelancer I would like to get some suggestions about how to go when submitting a proposal I don't know how to calculate the payment amount for the milestones beacuse I don't know how many hours I would be working for the client and that makes me doubt about the amount i should charge he only gives a fixed amount but does't mention how many hours a day or something like that... can you help me out please

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Evelyn M wrote:

hey! i'm a new freelancer I would like to get some suggestions about how to go when submitting a proposal I don't know how to calculate the payment amount for the milestones beacuse I don't know how many hours I would be working for the client and that makes me doubt about the amount i should charge he only gives a fixed amount but does't mention how many hours a day or something like that... can you help me out please

Ik depends on what services you will be offering, if it is a large or a smaller project. Before you submit a proposal you should have a very good idea how long you will need for a certain task. 

Often the fixed amount in the proposal is a placeholder and the client expects other offers. 

I suggest when starting out that you apply only to job offers that: 

• have a very clear description so that you are comfortable with the content and scope of the project
  • you are very confident you can deliver excellent work for
  • are smaller projects so that you can build confidence.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

@Evelyn M wrote:

Ik depends on what services you will be offering, if it is a large or a smaller project. Before you submit a proposal you should have a very good idea how long you will need for a certain task. 

Often the fixed amount in the proposal is a placeholder and the client expects other offers. 

I suggest when starting out that you apply only to job offers that: 

• have a very clear description so that you are comfortable with the content and scope of the project
  • you are very confident you can deliver excellent work for
  • are smaller projects so that you can build confidence.

hey! thank you that's a very good advice and info 🙂 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths