cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my profil not approuved

lboyscoot
Active

Hi everybody

I m new in upwork and i complete my profil but upwork support not approuved it, it contains no mistakes and respcet upwork policies

Thanks to help me

5 REPLIES 5
bojan-durmic
Active

Hello Ouari,

As far as I understood, your account has been temporarily suspended because Upwork needs to verify your account. The reason they are doing this is because far too many scammers create fake accounts and do bad things.

What you should do is either check the email you used to sign up to Upwork, or just contact Upwork Support directly, and they will be able to help you.

I hope I was able to help you.

Best regards,

Bojan D.

Ouari:

How do you know that your profile contains no mistakes?

Your post here consists of only 30 words, but I count at last 11 mistakes, including spelling, capitalization, punctuation and grammar mistakes.

Your profile is private, so we can't look at it to tell you what is wrong. But if your post here reflects the quality of your profile, then I don't wonder why Upwork hasn't approved it yet.

@Preston 

This kind of suspension happened to me too when I created my Upwork account. I think it is the same for him. Although I have to agree that he makes waaaaay too many mistakes. I am not sure he will be most successful in landing himself a job...

@Bojan D wrote:

@Preston 

This kind of suspension happened to me too when I created my Upwork account. I think it is the same for him. Although I have to agree that he makes waaaaay too many mistakes. I am not sure he will be most successful in landing himself a job...

No, there are two different issues:

1) A new profile is not accepted at all - can not be approved because it does not offer anything that isn't already in plentyful supply or is just plain bad.

2) The owners of already approved accounts are identity verified.

What happened to you was 2)

What is happening to the OP is 1)

The OP can try and improve his profile, or find a different site to offer his services.

The latter is likely to waste less of his time.

Preston raises a very good point and don't think its just a case of 'only the most talented of people can freelance' on UpWork. I myself submitted my application yesterday and it was quite rightfully declined because;

• I rushed my profile.
  • The wording I chose had grammatical errors.
  • I rushed my profile...

After taking a few tests, learning about general UpWork etiquette, restarting my profile from scratch, adding work to my portfolio and just generally going over my submission countless times I was delighted to receive my acceptance.

Take a look at the more open freelance sites, the hundreds if not thousands of copy and pasted, spam filled responses people use its honestly shocking and UpWork does its absolute best to avoid this by screening each applicant.

Think of it this way, would you print off your UpWork profile as it stands now and hand it to an employer face to face? You need to pay due care to your profile, its your reputation, your pride and if you show absolutely no sign of care/effort during the application stage, we can only assume the same will translate through your paid work.