🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: my sister wabts to make an profile, she i...
Page options
zubairkhan7770
Community Member

my sister wabts to make an profile, she is in pakistan. she is migrating from here to canada permane

my sister wabts to make an profile, she is in pakistan. she is migrating from here to canada permanently. will her profile can be transfered to canadian?

4 REPLIES 4
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Zubair,

Once your sister is in Canada she will be able to update her location directly by going to Settings > Contact > Location. If she needs further help, you can refer her to reach out to us here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

thank you.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Zubair A wrote:

my sister wabts to make an profile, she is in pakistan. she is migrating from here to canada permanently. will her profile can be transfered to canadian?

If she moves soon, it would probably be better to start with Canada. There's no guarantee she gets approved anyway.

True story (not a parable):

I have a friend who lives in the same town as me.

He told me two weeks ago that he is moving out of town. I will miss him.

Or will I?
The truth is, he is always moving. He tells me every every few weeks or months that he is moving out of town. He is completely serious. It's not a joke or prank. He really, genuinely is planning to move out of town.

But he has been saying this for as long as I have known him. 15 years.

I have helped him pack up his stuff. I have helped him put things in storage.

He had actually moved out of various apartments.

But somehow he always remains in town.

With that in mind... If your sister is in Pakistan, then she can go ahead and create an Upwork profile immediately. People who live in Pakistan may create freelancer profile pages.

If your sister ends up moving to Canada and obtains government-issued identity documenation showing that she lives in Canada, such as a Canadian green card, or Canadian passport, or Canadian driver's license, and she has documentation showing her Canadian address... Then she should indeed work on changing her Upwork profile location to Canada.

For now, I see no reason for her to delay creating an Upwork freelancer account.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths