🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » need to cancel milestone as work no longer ne...
Page options
a2bf2669
Community Member

need to cancel milestone as work no longer needed

I've paid two milestones to a worker (great job), we agreed a third which I funded but the work is no longer required. He is happy, I am happy, but now I want to cancel and get a refund - I trawled through Upwork's help area where it mentions a 'review and pay' (in My Jobs) button to cancel a milestone - I can't find this. I would be grateful for any help...

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

This is simple.

Close the contract.

When you are prompted to release payment, edit the amount. Change it to zero. Then proceed to close.

That will automatically send a refund request to the freelancer. He will click a button to accept the request. Then all the remaining escrow money will be returned to you within five business days.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

This is simple.

Close the contract.

When you are prompted to release payment, edit the amount. Change it to zero. Then proceed to close.

That will automatically send a refund request to the freelancer. He will click a button to accept the request. Then all the remaining escrow money will be returned to you within five business days.

a2bf2669
Community Member

hi, thank you for your reply - I have now ended the contract successfully (and paid the bonus out of that amount) with the balance back in my Paypal account. I very much appreciate your help - hitting the 'Pay Now' button seems a little final when you don't realise you still have an opportunity to edit the amount!

Dave

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths