🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » new freelancer receives 20 free Connects, but...
Page options
catahan-winona
Community Member

new freelancer receives 20 free Connects, but I didn't receive mine

After their registration is accepted, a new freelancer receives 20 free Connects to help get them started.

Why I didn't received mine?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Winona,

Our team reached out to you via ticket with more details about your connects and will assist you further directly there. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Winona,

The reason why you haven't received 20 connects is because your account is not new. You have signed up on Upwork long before this change was announced. Only new freelancers who are accepted will receive 20 connects, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

If I registered a long time ago, why I shouldn't have a free connects left in my account at least? Just to help me start up and find a job. Does it expire or what?

Hi Winona,

Our team reached out to you via ticket with more details about your connects and will assist you further directly there. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, Goran.

I also was not able to receive my 20 free connects. If you could kindly assist.

Thanks!

Hi Marauly,

Unfortunately you`re not eligible to receive the 20 connects you`re referring to. 20 connects are awarded to new freelancers once their application is accepted.

If you have any additional questions let me know, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

I also did not received  my 20 free connect as a new user. if you could assist me.

Thanks 

Mohit

Hi Mohit,

Please keep in mind that only new freelancers will receive 20 connects. Unfortunately, since your account is older you won't receive the 20 connects. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

thank you for the quick reply.

i am sorry to say that i created the account approx  6-7 days ago.

i am using this first time.

thanks '

Mohit 

Hi Mohit,

The account you`re posting from is older. Are you referring to another account? If yes, please reach out to me via PM (with more details about the account) so that I can assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Mohit S wrote:

Hi Goran,

thank you for the quick reply.

i am sorry to say that i created the account approx  6-7 days ago.

i am using this first time.

thanks '

Mohit 

That's really interesting because Upwork thinks it was created in 2014. So odd.

Even I didn't receive my 20 free connects. It's a new account. Please help

Hi Narendranath,

The reason why you haven't received 20 free Connects is because your account is not new. You have signed up on Upwork long before this change was announced. Only new freelancers who are accepted will receive 20 free Connects.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
46a711d1
Community Member

i have recieved reply from my client after sending proposal to him, but i didnot recived connects?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sonaira,

Are you referring to the proposal you've submitted today? If so, then please allow up to 24hours for free Connects to be awarded to you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
46a711d1
Community Member

Sure got it. thanks for your quick response.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths