🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » new memmber
Page options
2c1e435d
Community Member

new memmber

hellow guys i am a begginer in freelancing can somebody guide me through please?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Bivon,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to Upwork. Creating your profile is the first step toward developing meaningful relationships with clients.
To get started, make sure you complete your profile and check off all the the basics. Choose work categories that are most relevant to your skill set. Set an hourly rate that reflects your skills and experience level.
Your title and overview are a very important and visible parts of your profile and can help you market your business. I have checked your profile and I think you could add more details about your technical expertise when it comes to information technology, relevant experience and portfolio items. 
We have skill tags to help you quickly identify your strengths and connect you with relevant projects. These skills also help clients find you more easily. 
We’ve created this thread where you can request profile feedback from other experienced members. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others.
You can also find more resources to help you get to a safe and successful start in this this post.
Wishing you the best of luck!

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Bivon,

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to Upwork. Creating your profile is the first step toward developing meaningful relationships with clients.
To get started, make sure you complete your profile and check off all the the basics. Choose work categories that are most relevant to your skill set. Set an hourly rate that reflects your skills and experience level.
Your title and overview are a very important and visible parts of your profile and can help you market your business. I have checked your profile and I think you could add more details about your technical expertise when it comes to information technology, relevant experience and portfolio items. 
We have skill tags to help you quickly identify your strengths and connect you with relevant projects. These skills also help clients find you more easily. 
We’ve created this thread where you can request profile feedback from other experienced members. The community is full of experienced Upwork freelancers who are passionate about helping others.
You can also find more resources to help you get to a safe and successful start in this this post.
Wishing you the best of luck!

~ Valeria
Upwork

hello  valaria? hopes you are fine. will you please guide me through this journey of freelancing please through whatsApp?

Bivon,

I won't be able to provide guidance via WhatsApp and I'd like to note that sharing contact information isn't allowed by our Community Guidelines. But if you're looking for more resources and guidance, I encourage you to check out the Academy page where you'll find helpful videos, courses and articles 

~ Valeria
Upwork
pgiambalvo
Community Member

Hello and welcome. Good luck. Before you apply to any jobs, please read this and never communicate with anyone off of Upwork until after a contract has been set up. And do not apply to any jobs that ask you to contact on WhatsApp, Telegram, by phone, or through email. They are almost certainly scams. And know that when you see "Payment verified" on the post. that DOES NOT mean the client or the post is legitimate or that they can really pay. The only way you are truly protected in getting paid is by using the hourly time tracker.https://community.upwork.com/t5/Community-Blog/Top-Red-Flags-for-Scams-From-Community-Member-Wes-C/b...

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths