Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new milestone

Highlighted
Anne Floor V Member Since: Nov 15, 2016
1 of 6

Hi there,

This might be a ¨stupid question¨ but I want to be sure of the following:

I am working for a client for the second time, within the same offer (it seems). He has created a second milestone and as far as I can tell I don´t have to accept the offer or confirm the milestone. Is this correct?

Thank you very much in advance.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Yeah, not a fan but it is what it is. Just make sure it's funded. If you leave contracts open, they'll do this to you. It's bitten me in the butt a few times.

eta: funded and does not say "unverified." CC must be verified and milestone must be funded.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anne Floor V Member Since: Nov 15, 2016
3 of 6

Thank you!

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sheila F Member Since: Apr 6, 2017
4 of 6

I have question related to this.

I too started a contract with a single milestone. I completed that work, the client approved it and I have been paid for it. The client and I discussed additional work and she created a new milestone with a dollar amount.

I'm not sure it's been funded. The "Budget" says that the first milestone has been funded..

This second milestone is due today. I don't see how to formally submit my work for review.

The client knows I've been working but just to document the work within Upwork, I manually

logged some hours worked. Not sure if that was a good way to proceed.

What happens now? Will the client be prompted to release the funds? I don't see anyway for me to prompt the client to review the work and OK payment.

What is the best to handle these sorts of contracts? The work is ongoing, beyond the scope of the original project, and without a specific end date. Hopefully more milestones and funds will be added periodically.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
5 of 6

Hi Sheila,

If the new milestone does not say funded next to it, then the client hasn't added any additional money on the contract. Make sure the milestone says funded before you submit your work, which will prompt the button to submit work to appear. 

-Lena

Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Sheila F Member Since: Apr 6, 2017
6 of 6

OK, thanks.