cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new

Amna A Member Since: Jan 5, 2017
1 of 5

hello everyone!!my name is amna and i  joined UP recently.i just want to know how long does it take to get jobs?lol thanks every one in advance.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 5

I dunno it took me 2 weeks but I own it like a boss.

Community Guru
Kat C Member Since: Jul 11, 2016
3 of 5

Welcome Amna,

There are many factors to consider in answering your question.

How many clients need Urdu to English and English to Urdu translation? 

I'm not a translator (unless you consider my translating the thoughts of my clients into words--but, this is all strictly in English).

However, there are many helpful Upworkers on the forum who are in the field, and they may be able to better guide you towards a profile deemed for that purpose. 

On the grammatical side, you may want to make sure your English is grammatically correct in your overview?

Ace Contributor
Cristina F Member Since: Dec 12, 2016
4 of 5

Hi Amna,

Welcome! 

To be honest, I haven't gotten a single job in translation English to Spanish, besides 2 small proofreading projects that I had to do the translation all over again because it wasn't good at all. But in my area, the freelancers are just way too many and have very very low rates. I consider my rate is low. But I haven't been for even a month with UpWork, I got my first "proofreading" project like after a week that I started applying. 

Try taking more tests, or adding more skills. Also, try to correct the grammar in both your title and your overview. For a client looking for a translator, it doesn't look really good.

I went through another path while I gain experience and I just keep applying to translation jobs when I have time for it. They will come someday (I hope).

Also, as Kat said, nobody knows how many clients are in need of translators to Urdu, and how many freelancers are there offering their services.

Try all the tips that they put in the community, like better profile pic, great proposals, etc. I found those really helpful.

Best of luck on your new adventure Smiley Happy

Amna A Member Since: Jan 5, 2017
5 of 5

thank you!

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS