🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: no answer
Page options
jambororsi
Community Member

no answer

Hi There! 
Please help me!
Im new to upwork, and 3 weeks ago I got a project. 

After 2-3 days I sent the project what i did, I had 1-2 documents and sentences that I did not find, i collected and asked to help. Since then,(05.08) the principal has not responded to anything
What can I do? 
Thank you!
Orsi

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Your description of events suggests that you "could not find" something you felt was necessary to complete the project.

This is ME doing the same project. If you did things differently, then you should have done things like I did:

"James:

Here is all the work you requested. Except I could not find Document A1 and File B2. Could you provide any more information about those? What I have is 98% of the assignent and I would like to finish."

[Next Day]

[Preston does not hear from the client.]

[Sends note]

"James, I want to make sure you have everything you need, as soon as possible. So I'm submitting all of the files, using the official Submit Work button. As I explained earlier, we still need A1 and B2, but what I'm submitting should be most of what you need. If you have any additional notes you can provide, feel free to send them, and I'll wrap those two up as well."

[Client doesn't reply.]

[Two weeks later:]

Preston receives ALL OF THE MONEY AUTOMATICALLY.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "What can I do?"

You don't need to do anything.

If you submitted your work 3 weeks ago, and you did not hear back from the client, then it means YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN PAID.

You're done.

(If you don't understand this, then it means you need to learn more about how to work properly on Upwork. But to summarize If you have an hourly contract, you get paid AUTOMATICALLY. If you have a fixed-price contract, you submit the work using the "Submit Work / Request Payment" button, and you get paid AUTOMATICALLY after 14 days.)

Your description of events suggests that you "could not find" something you felt was necessary to complete the project.

This is ME doing the same project. If you did things differently, then you should have done things like I did:

"James:

Here is all the work you requested. Except I could not find Document A1 and File B2. Could you provide any more information about those? What I have is 98% of the assignent and I would like to finish."

[Next Day]

[Preston does not hear from the client.]

[Sends note]

"James, I want to make sure you have everything you need, as soon as possible. So I'm submitting all of the files, using the official Submit Work button. As I explained earlier, we still need A1 and B2, but what I'm submitting should be most of what you need. If you have any additional notes you can provide, feel free to send them, and I'll wrap those two up as well."

[Client doesn't reply.]

[Two weeks later:]

Preston receives ALL OF THE MONEY AUTOMATICALLY.

Thank you very much! 🙂

...the customer does not respond.
does not communicate with the questions asked. do I know that you have convinced me to work?

Nemeth R wrote:

...the customer does not respond.
does not communicate with the questions asked. do I know that you have convinced me to work?

You are a painter, yet you don't have anything in your portfolio. How are you going to convince a client to hire you?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Orsolya,

I'm sorry to hear that. When you have completed your work, you need to submit it for review using the submit/request payment button. Once you do that your client has 14 days from the time you submit work on a project, to review the work and release a payment. If the client does not take any action within 14 days, then the payment is automatically released to you. You can still communicate with your client and attempt to resolve the situation amicably.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Orsolya:
I think you may have been worried about those 2 remaining documents that you couldn't find.

But you had done everything you could do.

If you didn't hear back from the client right away, you should have submitted your work. He paid you to do that work. Submit it.

When you use the Submit Work button, you are giving the client the opportunity to review it and decide if the project is done or not.

By NOT using the Submit Work button, you are essentially putting YOURSELF in charge of determining when the project is done, instead of letting the client decide.

So always use that Submit Work button quickly. That is how the Upwork system works. That gives the client the opportunity to decide if you're done or not. The client can accept your work as complete, or ask for revisions.

One of the ways that clients accept your work is to not do anything, and let you get paid automatically.

Thank you! 🙂

nkocendova
Community Member

Hi Orsolya,

When completing work on a Fixed Price contract, you can formally submit it along with a payment request. If you do so, the client has 14 days to review the work and release payment to you. If the client does not take any actions at all within the 14 day period, then the funds held in escrow will be released to you automatically. If the client does respond regarding the information you requested, then you can work together on how best to integrate it or make any final necessary changes if those are required.

~Nina

Thank you Nina! 🙂 

How do I know the people take me the job and
I making the job?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths