🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I'm not receiving the verification code t...
Page options
iancurrie44
Community Member

not receiving security code on my phone

Hi

not receiving security code on my phone ??

I have been trying for ages. it now says I have exceeded max number of attempts to activate notifications by trying to add my phone number

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Eric, 

If you need help verifying your phone number because you're not receiving the code, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

513 REPLIES 513
2b76f800
Community Member

I'm having the same issue. I tried my phone, my mother's phone, both multiple times. I also changed browsers and cleared my cache. It never sends the code.

Hi Madison,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
oleksii-petrenko
Community Member

I am not getting the SMS verification code using my phone.
The registered phone number on Upwork is correct.

I've tried to do it for several times, but it doesn't work until now.

What is the issue?
Thanks.

Hi Oleksii,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
harveyjd
Community Member

I need help with the verification code, I didn't receive a text message verification code by phone and I've been waiting for over 24 hours and requested a new code multiple times. 

Hi Harvey,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kechavez
Community Member

Hi. I need to change my phone number. It keeps telling me to send a text to a number that doesn't exist anymore when I try to change the number.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Keith Niocelle,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
qbtranslator
Community Member

Hi, Actually I am stuck at authentication code, while going to my settings. I cannot enter into my account setting because it asks for an authenticator code. can you please reset so that I can choose my SMS verification for future security? Thanks

Hi Qasim,

I’ve shared your concern with the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi, Actually I am stuck at authentication code, while going to my settings. I cannot enter into my account setting because it asks for an authenticator code. can you please reset so that I can choose my SMS verification for future security? Thanks

Hi Nasir,

I shared your issue with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
drewayson
Community Member

Good day everyone. I have successfully changed my phone number before losing access to my old one. However, the text message verification is still being sent to my old phone number. I can't access my profile settings because of it. Can someone help me resolve my concern? Thank you!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Andrew.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hollowaycreative
Community Member

I'm 99% the way through setting up my profile but I'm not receiving the text verification code - how do I get help with this??

Hi Amy,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
0eb9adbf
Community Member

Is there some secret to getting UpWork to actually text me the code needed to verify my new laptop and mobile phone device?

Multiple tries, UpWork always says it just texted me the code, yet ... nothing. Help?!?

0eb9adbf
Community Member

Same issue here. UpWork fails to text the codes it promises.

I'm starting to spend more time trying to get UpWork to work than writing for clients.

Hi Keith,

I checked and it looks like you were able to submit a support ticket regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will reply directly to your ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
mark_allan08
Community Member

Hi Team Upwork, I need help. I lost my phone and I can't receive a verification code to proceed with the login.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Mark Allan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
vikrant__thakur
Community Member

I don't have access to registered number and I want to change my registered phone number what should I do?

Hi Vikrant,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via an email to assist you further with updating your phone number. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
moamnale
Community Member

I used the 2 factor authenticator upon verifying my account but I lost the QR code today and I dont have the 6 digit number, please help digit code anymore

Hi Moamn,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you so much highly appreciate that.

I clicked accpet as a solution by mistake I still can't access any of my settings because of the 2 factor authentication problem.. please help

Hi Moamn,

Please follow up directly on your ticket with any additional questions you may have or information you would like to share. Our team will be more than happy to assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
engtaimour
Community Member

I need your support, as I can't access my settings page, as the page was asking about authenticator code which I didn't configure.

The authentication method was changed from SMS to Authenticator, I don't know why and I need to revert it back to SMS, as I lost control of my account.

Thanks

Hi Tamer,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. Please note that a copy of the ticket will arrive in your email as well from where you can continue the correspondence with our team.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
fed8735d
Community Member

Hello everyone, 

I changed my phone number a few months ago. When I try to log in my Upwork profile, I don't receive the verification code because I don't have that number anymore. 

I just created this account to contact the support. 

Can anyone please help me with this ? 

Thank you in advance. 

Sincerely, 

ZB

Hi Zahra,

Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork
rojenm98
Community Member

I lost my QR code and I do not have 6 digit code. I uninstalled my authentication app and when I reinstall it, I lost my 6 digit code. Now how can again I get my QR code or 6 digit code? Thank you.

Hi Rojen,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

I have the same situation as Rojen. I lost my Google Authenticator, and can't access settings or payments.

If it helps, I have access to my Upwork e-mail address and my phone number, in case those help.

I left an open support ticket without reply, I need to recover access to Upwork as soon as possible since that's where all my income comes from.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrés David,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
vmachira
Community Member

Hello Bojan,

I have the exact same issue as Rojen. I have access to my work, but I can't access settings and payments.

Please help.

Thank you.

Hi Victor,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

Hello, 

I have the same issue. Have no access to the Authenticator app. I still have access on my laptop, but can't connect on the new mobile.

Thanks,

Hi Semyon,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths