🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: 2-step verification
Page options
iancurrie44
Community Member

not receiving security code on my phone

Hi

not receiving security code on my phone ??

I have been trying for ages. it now says I have exceeded max number of attempts to activate notifications by trying to add my phone number

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Eric, 

If you need help verifying your phone number because you're not receiving the code, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

513 REPLIES 513
dbgm0709
Community Member

Hi I am struggling to raise a request as I cannot activate 2-step verification. when I add my answer xxx xxx, I get a message "Answer should be 4 to 60 characters long (only latin characters are allowed)".

Answer is 6 characters long, actually 7 with the space.

Any help appreciated.

Regards,

Gustav

Hi Gustav,

Could you please make sure your security answer doesn't contain any non-English characters or symbols? Let us know if you still continue experiencing the issue.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Valeria,

It is plain english alphabet characters...

Regards,

Gustav

Hi Valeria,

I see that it does not like spaces... resolved.

Regards,

Gustav

Hi Valeria,

I have problem with my 2-step verification. I lost my verification code on mobile because i deleted all the cookies from website and i can't login in the platfom anymore. is it possible to deactive it to let me go in again and than i will restore and save it again on my mobile?

Or there is another way to log in ?

Hi Roberto,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
ana56m
Community Member

Hello!

I'm trying to complete my profile, howver I'm stuck because of the last step in the process. It asks me to enter the code that Iwas "sent" to my phone, however, I haven't recieved it. Is there a way to fix/reset it?

I would really appreciate your help!

Ana

Hi Anastasia,

One of our team member will reach out to you via ticket. Please respond directly to that ticket and post any questions you have. Thanks.

~ Jo-An

Untitled

same issue to me.

Hi Peter,

I checked and it looks like you've closed your account. If you'd like us to reopen it in order to assist you with your phone verification issue please let us know.

~Andrea
Upwork
ebohikechukwu
Community Member

For some reason, every time I try to login to my account, I'm unable to receive the sms verification code. I tried with the email verification code, but nothing was sent.

The registered phone number is correct because I can see the last three digits.

I keep getting the same email everytime I try to login to my account saying that someone tried to login to my account from an unrecognized device. But of course it's me.

Hi Ikechukwu,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Are you referring to another account? If so, could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question? I'll check that for you and assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I'm currently excperiencing this exact same problem. Any way I can solicit your help in the matter?

Thanks, and apologies for 'hijacking' this old post.

fayala
Community Member

Sorry, I forgot to direct my previous postt at Aleksandar.

Hi Fernando,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
fayala
Community Member

Hi Luiggi.

I saw the ticket that was created and have just replied to it with more detasil re the issue I'm experiencing.

Thank you for the assist!!

abkoradiya
Community Member

I have enabled two-step authentication in my account. But, now I have uninstalled google authenticator app by mistake. So, how can I re-generate the authenticator code?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abhay,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with this concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, @Bojan S  Still not getting any help for the issue.

Hi Abhay,

I checked and it seems that one of our team members already reached out to you yesterday via email to assist you further. Kindly follow up on the email notification so that our team can assist you with your concern.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi, Aleksandar D  Sorry But, Not getting any Email.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abhay,

I checked and the email was sent to your email successfully. Make sure you're checking the correct email address. Please check your inbox and spam folder, check the settings for your email provider and make sure emails from Upwork aren't being blocked. 

Let us know if you received the support email.

~ Bojan
Upwork
b07d41ab
Community Member

Hello Bojan, I have exactly the same situation, would you mind to help me please?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juan Nicolas,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan,

I got the same problem. How can I re-generate the authenticator code? I can't set my profile setting because I can't fill in the authenticator code.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Rangga.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
8a076851
Community Member

Hi Bojan

I am having trouble with the authenticator code

I need to verify my details using some other method 

kindly lemme know what to do 

Thankslkdflkdjflkdjs.JPG

Hi Sajjad,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
36417fab
Community Member

Facing same issue please help

Hi Dilip,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
juvai
Community Member

Hi,

Need help here, I wanted to change my mobile num since it was deactivated already. I clicked my profile settings and it directly went to a page that I should put the code sent to the deactivated num. No additional option is shown just a confirmation & a log out button.

Thanks in advance for the help.

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juvelyn,

I shared your request with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

hello, How can I change my mobile number? my old number was deactivated. and I need to change it because every time I logged in, the verification code was sent to my old number. thank you.

Hi Apple Joy,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
0f4c8708
Community Member

I just create this account to touch here. I am in overseas now. My phone number is not working. I can't login to my account because it keep asking about the message confirmation number. Can anyone help me with that please?

Hi Muhammad,

Could you please send me a private message with your Upwork username or registered email address so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello, I have the same problem, I can't login to respond to your message, I had to create a new account just to respond to this message! Please help

Hi Federico,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your original account. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having the same issue. I created this new account to try to solve this.
What can I do?

Thanks.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths