🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: I didn't receive a text message verificat...
Page options
iancurrie44
Community Member

not receiving security code on my phone

Hi

not receiving security code on my phone ??

I have been trying for ages. it now says I have exceeded max number of attempts to activate notifications by trying to add my phone number

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Eric, 

If you need help verifying your phone number because you're not receiving the code, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

513 REPLIES 513
garvitpatel
Community Member

I am having an issue getting SMS from Upwork for 2-factor authentication. I want to use an email address to get the code. How can I do that?

Hi Garvit,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
cae-industries
Community Member

Same problem, i dont receive security code per sms for account settings.

Hi there,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
1748c0e7
Community Member

Hello how do I reach the support team? I've been trying to cerify my phone number for the past week but i keep getting an error saying you chamged your phone number too many times ples contact the support team so how do i resolve this issue?

Hi Tabo,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
muhammad_jahan33
Community Member

Hi, Actually I am stuck at the authentication code while going to my settings. in the start, I have created an account and chosen an authenticator app code for verification. So my smartphone has some issues that's why I have to delete all my apps. now I am stuck and I cannot enter into my account setting because it asks for an authenticator code. can you please reset so that I can choose my SMS verification for future security? thanks

Hi Muhammad Jahanzaib,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
4a729f7c
Community Member

Hello, My name is Mariam, my friend changed her phone number, and now she cant log in to her account. She can say her username and password,or email, maybe you can help.. please

Hi Mariam,

I just reached out to you via PM with additional information. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
shahzad-zubair
Community Member

Hey,

I can't get verification code on my phone or email my Account is already verified. When I am getting entered to my profile settings It needs verification that will be sent on your mobile/email. But from 3 days I'm trying still not getting any code. I've attached the screenshot. 

Please help me out. 

Thank you. 

Thank you for reaching out to us, Zubair.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hey Bojan,

Thank you for the response. Sure, I'll be waiting for.

087fa9d4
Community Member

I keep trying to verify my account, however no code goes through to my phone so i can verify it? Help

Hi Terrell,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
hausplus
Community Member

Hello, good day to you. I am having a problem. I used to receive authorize code sent to my mobile for accessing settings. But for some time, i am not receiving that. Had to use the resend button and mail to receive authorize code and access to settings and other option. Like to know and solve this problem! The mobile no is ok as i have checked from the settings. 

Regards,
Hasib

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Hasib,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
hausplus
Community Member

Thank you Bojan.

hassanwaqar71
Community Member

Hi, I entered the wrong phone number and I now upwork won't let me enter from my phone, nor allow me other settings unless I provide them with a confirmation code

Hi Hassan,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble getting the code and how this could've inconvenienced you. I've shared your concern with the team and one of our agents will be reaching out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
harsh519
Community Member

I didn't receive the email verification code and was not able to edit certain settings like changing the phone number and security settings.

Hi Harsh,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
shamol3388
Community Member

I need to help it. I lost my SIM card now deactivated but I had added that SIM number to my Upwork account. When I go to change the phone number, the code goes to the previous deactivated number. I can't do anything else. What solution can I get in that case.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Samol,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We'll have one of our agents reach out o you directly to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
53bcf09d
Community Member

Hi, I can't update my contact number because every time I try I am being directed to provide the code sent to my no longer active number. Please help me out the soonest possible. Thanks!

Hi Lovely,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
albert_mathews
Community Member

Hello guys I NEED to change my phone number. I don't have that phone number now. I need to access upwork from my new computer, when I try it sends a text message to my old phone that I obviously can't see since that phone was stolen.

Hi Albert,

I'm sorry to hear your phone got stolen! One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket to help you update your number.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
60a6734a
Community Member

My phone is not stolen. I have it in my hand.

lucas-johnson
Community Member

Hello. i am not receiving the verification code on my phone. i've tried multiple times, with two different numbers, both tried call & text. and i receive nothing. 

Hi Lucas,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
60a6734a
Community Member

I also have the same problem and unable to go to my account setting

Hi Iftekhar,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
ahsansqa
Community Member

When I go to Settings it requires me to enter a verification code which is sent me on my device. I previously changed my Cell number and currently, it's still showing me the old one and I am not getting any code too.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for reaching out to us and sharing your concern. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
a166feb3
Community Member

Hi, I lost my phone and not able to restore my 2FA, how can I contact a member of Upwork to help me sort this problem? Thanks

Hi Zamar,

I'm sorry to hear about this and for any inconvenience it could've caused. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
a166feb3
Community Member

Whenever I click on support the page automatically redirect to my profile. Is there an email address?

Hi Zamar,

You should be able to access the ticket from your email as the copy is being sent there too.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Can you please reach me at**Edited for community guidelines**that's the account which I am locked out from . I just create this one to contact you guys

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths