🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: 2 step verification
Page options
iancurrie44
Community Member

not receiving security code on my phone

Hi

not receiving security code on my phone ??

I have been trying for ages. it now says I have exceeded max number of attempts to activate notifications by trying to add my phone number

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Eric, 

If you need help verifying your phone number because you're not receiving the code, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

513 REPLIES 513

Hi Catherine,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
88c5775c
Community Member

Please contact me about how to get my old phone number removed from old account.

Hi Jacob,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
75b09521
Community Member

I just joined upwork. I tried submitting a proposal to a client today but i was redirected to a page that asked for my phone number verification.
I was told that a 5 digit code was sent to my number but i didnt receive it.
It has been a big hindrance because i have lost a lit of job opportunities.
Please work on this.

Hi Mariam,

I checked and it looks like you already closed your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
599b1cc6
Community Member

I am extemely triggered to say the least.

I tried to login to my upwork account and I get absolutely no other option then to enter my phone number SMS verification code. I haven't had that old number in 3 months! So I thought I would contact upwork support, but it asks you to login and verify your phone number before you can submit a support ticket!

So I was forced to create a SECOND account just to post a community support ticket that I can't login to my FIRST account.

And I missing something here? How do you update an outdated phone number and how do you create a support ticket if you can't login to your account in the first place!

Thank you

Hi James,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. Could you please send me a private message with the Upwork username or registered email address of the account in question so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
rezzzort
Community Member

I changed my phone number, and don't have access to the old one, how can I remove current phone confirmation and replace it?

Hi Roman,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via an email to assist you further with updating your phone number. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
lilit_mainsail
Community Member

Hi not receiving security code on my phone ?? I have been trying for ages. it now says I have exceeded max number of attempts to activate notifications by trying to add my phone number

Hi Lilit,

I am sorry for the late response. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via an email to assist you further with receiving a verification code. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
heloise80
Community Member

Hello,

I have a problem whit sign in to my original account, as I changed my cell number and had not updated the account whit the new. I have completely lost access to my account, because I need to enter the code I receive, but it is forwarded to my old cell number. I did this account just to speak with support and try to solve my problem. 

Thank you!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Heloise, 

I apologize for the delay in our reply. I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team and they will reach out to you to assist you further. 

It appears that you have a duplicate account. In this case, once the issue is resolved, please close the duplicate account to avoid violating the Upwork Terms of Service

~ Avery
Upwork
atulshandilya78
Community Member

Why i am not getting login code to my registred mobile number.

Hi Atul,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
ektashah_
Community Member

Hello, I had added a 2 verification process for the account. But my google authenticator got uninstalled from my handset. I am unable to go to my profile setting as I am asked the code from google authenticator. What needs to be done?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ekta.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
desiree-reinken
Community Member

I changed my phone number on my account under Desiree Thebeau. I cant login because I don't have the phone number the verification code was sent to. Please help!

Hi Desiree,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with accessing your account. Please close your new account in order not to violate Upwork's TOS.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
7373842e
Community Member

Good Morning, 

I am unable to complete my profile due to code not sending.

Can you assist.

Hi there,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with this.

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
Community Member

I used to get verification codes through my authenticator app but now I have lost my mobile and I am unable to get access to my profile setting. I need help to remove authenticator app and set up my previous upwork settings. Please help

Hi Sair,

I checked and it looks like you already fixed the issue you were having. Could you please let us know if you still need assistance with this?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
afa6e82c
Community Member

Hello

I'm having the same issue (Ubuntu 18.01). But I can't receive the verification code via the app or email. I get this error message - "Due to technical difficulties we are unable to process your request. Please try again later"

Hi Ryan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
androidweb
Community Member

Hi all
i cant get passed this screen ,
It wont send me text, or do anything.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sharon.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
defenseinamerica
Community Member

I am trying to change my settings page, i.e., email because my email is no longer valid. When I go to the settings page, it requests a code sent to my phone number, but I never received it. (I have done this multiple times) but when I press "resend," it sends a code to my invalid email address. How can I get into my settings to change my email address? 

Hi Andrew,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. 

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

No one has yet opened a support ticket for me. Can you help? 

Hi Andrew,

Our team has already reached out to you via ticket and is waiting on your follow up. You can access your tickets on this Link, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
sdeveloper7
Community Member

Hi, I have reset my mobile phone and I have lost google authentication apps that's why I have to face some problems. now how to remove this app from my Upwork account and i will add just my mobile number option for 2 step verification.

Thank You

Hi Kamrul,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
k1war
Community Member

Hi,

I had previously set up the authenticator app with my Upwork account. Now I have changed my phone and cannot withdraw anything from Upwork.

I can still access my account and view jobs and messages. I can also submit proposals. Upwork asks for the 6 digit code from the authenticator app whenever I try to disable the authenticator from the settings or click 'Get Paid Now'. But I no longer have access to my previous phone.

I need help getting past this step and disable the Authenticator.

Regards,
M Waqas **Edited for Community Guidelines**

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Muhammad,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for your issues. I'll follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect an update very soon.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksander,

Yes I contacted support too. Im in kind of a rush because I need the money to pay for my education expenses. Thank you for the reply. Much appreciated, sir 🙂

r2_d2
Community Member

Hi, about a weeks a go I was experiencing same problem (can't access Setting page to get paid) and that time Upwork customer support help me and i gain access to my setting page, but now i experiencing the same way again, needs authenticator app, sadly I lost my Authenticator app when i reboot my phone, is there anyway to get new authenticator barcode to send ?

right now i can't access my Setting page again, please help me solve this problem.

Thank you,

Sincerely

Agung Praseptio W

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Agung Praseptio,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further with your account.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
76b81a00
Community Member

I recently changed my sim. Thanks!
76b81a00
Community Member

How to change the phone number registered in upwork? I recently changed my sim.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths