🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: not receiving security code on my phone
Page options
iancurrie44
Community Member

not receiving security code on my phone

Hi

not receiving security code on my phone ??

I have been trying for ages. it now says I have exceeded max number of attempts to activate notifications by trying to add my phone number

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Eric, 

If you need help verifying your phone number because you're not receiving the code, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

513 REPLIES 513

Hi Abdulrahman,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
bourjolly_marie
Community Member

Hi:

I've been in the process of updating my profile, and even though I did provide a phone number, I haven't gotten any verification code.

Also, I wanted to change my profile name into my full name but I haven't been able to update my profile name.

Please advise

Hello Marie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Me either. I have tried many times during the past 2 days and I still haven't received a verification code. I used different devices but it did not help.

Please someone help!
Thank you
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Linda.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jeanetteboyne
Community Member

I am trying to sign up as a new freelancer today and cannot get an OTP for my phone number verification. I repeatedly tried "resend code" and then tried using the "change number" option to reenter my phone number (which was already correct). No OTP ever arrived. Coincidentally, I just had to get an OTP for a different app and it arrived immediately, so the problem isn't my phone or service provider. I see no way to get assistance with this issue from Upwork. 

Hi Jeanettte,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

I have the same problem, this should work automatically, shouldn't it?

I have not been able to complete registration so this must be happening to quite a few people.

Thank you for reaching out to us, Tocs.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
asimdas17
Community Member

Hey there,

I've trying constantly to get the security code on phone, but failing.

Hi Asim,

~Andrea
Upwork
mbarh
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

I can't receive the verification code on my phone and email

Can you please help?

Thank you!

AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Bozidar,

It looks like our team just followed up with you via email. Kindly check on that and follow up on the request so they can continue assisting you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
nearaxakash
Community Member

Hi, I am not receiving OTP to my mobile number. Can you please fix it? Also, I want to change the mail id in my profile. Previous mail is not in working condition. 

Hi Akash,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via email to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
clariceknelly
Community Member

I have the same issue! Can I get help with this. It is during my profile setup

Hi Clarice,

~Andrea
Upwork

Hopefully they will help us to solve it soon by means of the ticket.

23ceaf3c
Community Member

Hello, when I try to present a proposal for a job, it redirects me to a page where they will send me a code and I do not receive it.
I need to apply for jobs and because of this I can't.

Hi Gema,

~Andrea
Upwork
23ceaf3c
Community Member

Perfect, I haven't received any ticket yet, I hope it's soon, thank you very much.

kyirah101
Community Member

Hi, I didn't receive a verification code for my new profile. What do I do?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kyirah,

Looks like you were able to verify your phone number. Feel free to reach back to us if you need any further assistance.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
23ceaf3c
Community Member

Hi!
I still can't verify my number to apply for jobs.
For two-step verification, change the old number and get it verified.
But I still cannot verify the number when I apply for a job since I do not
receive any code and it also appears that I have too many attempts.

I´m attaching this image so you can see the problem.
Please help me fix this because without that verification I can't apply for
any job.
Thanks
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gema,

A member of our team reached out to you already via email and is awaiting for your response. Kindly check the inbox of the email you used to register your Upwork account and follow up with our agent. Once they have more information about the issue you’re experiencing, our agent will assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
23ceaf3c
Community Member

Hello.
I received support to solve the two-step verification problem. In the
previous email I mentioned that this verification has already been carried
out.
However I still cannot verify my number when they ask me for verification
at the time of submitting a proposal.
I am not receiving any code and it also tells me that I have too many
attempts.
Attached image of the aforementioned problem.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for following up, Gema.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
23ceaf3c
Community Member

Thank you! I'll be waiting
fairyyyyy
Community Member

Hi 

I am not recieving the security codes on my cell phone and its been months now. 

Please guide

Hi Fariza,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
4c852144
Community Member

Hello, 

I am having the same issue as everyone else. Saying "something went wrong" when trying to verify phone number. Can you please assist with resolving this?

Hi Adam,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
onyinovictor
Community Member

Hello, I am trying to withdraw funds but I am told to verify my account with a code sent to my phone. The code never gets sent and I hae been repeating the same thing for 10 times now. I also annot access settings due to the same huddle. HELP!

Hi Victor,

I'm sorry to hear about that. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
8a9e9249
Community Member

Hi, I am new to Upwork and am currently creating my profile. I am on the 'A few last details' section and, when I request a code to send to my phone number, nothing gets sent.

Hi Luke,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
8a9e9249
Community Member

Thank you Andrea, I was not aware the ticket had gone through

7e41ef67
Community Member

When I am creating my profile and get to the phone verification step and get this error message: "Something went wrong. Please try again later." No code is ever sent and I can't move past this step.

This has been going on for a week and isn't fixing itself - can someone from support please reach out to me so that I can finish making my profile?

Hi Leah,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi Aleksandar,

I am having the same issue and tried getting help from the support chat with no luck.

Can I have one of your agents reach out to me directly via email as well please?

Thank you,

Edwin

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths