🐈
» Forums » Support » not receiving security code on my phone
Page options
iancurrie44
Community Member

not receiving security code on my phone

Hi

not receiving security code on my phone ??

I have been trying for ages. it now says I have exceeded max number of attempts to activate notifications by trying to add my phone number

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Eric, 

If you need help verifying your phone number because you're not receiving the code, we’ll need to ask you to confirm some private account details in order to help you. At Upwork, protecting your privacy is our priority. With this in mind, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

View solution in original post

513 REPLIES 513

Hi Zamar,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

just post a question on the upwork community and then they will contact you
personally and in my case they disabled phone verification.
bryangav
Community Member

Hello,

During the last few months I've been having issues with my phone line, I tried to solve it with my phone company but I ended up losing my phone line and was given a new phone number.

Today, when I wanted to change the phone number, I logged into my account, went to "settings", and was asked to verify my identity through a text message. It does not let me enter the settings using my password or another form of ID verification (like my email), and since I have no access to my old phone number, I cannot change it from my account information because it keeps asking for a code sent through sms.

It is the same when I try to get paid, it only asks for a code sent to my old phone number and doesn't give me access using my password.

Please, indicate me what I can do to recover the access to my account or if you have to do something additional so I can introduce the new number and get paid.

Thanks

Hi Bryan,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
muntaha_mim
Community Member

I had set up two-step verification. But I have lost the phone and I am not being able to collect my sim. Is there any way to change the number so that I can have access to my settings area? 

Hi Muntaha,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via email to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
bautistamarvin
Community Member

Hi and Good day!

I already submitted a ticket #30469959. Asking for assistance in updating my mobile number. Thanks.

Hi Marvin,

I'll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
victoriajerez
Community Member

Hello,

I need someone who can help me. I changed my phone line and now I have another number. I wanted to change it in the settings, but I couldn't, because every time I click on my profile settings, a page appears where I have to put the code sent to the number that is now disabled. How can I solve this situation?

Thank you for reaching out to us, Victoria.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
akhileshs3
Community Member

when i try to click on setting it ask for otp but i lost my old number. please help

Hi Akhilesh,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
cabunocnoemi
Community Member

Hello! Please help me change my old phone number to a new one, It was deactivated, so I can't get the verification code for the number, for this reason, I cannot go to profile settings or buy connects. please help.

Hi Noemi,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
biyodmr
Community Member

I lost connection to the authenticator app. So I can't edit my profile. What can I do?

Hi Bilge D !!!!

As you have lost the connection to the Authenticator app, you will not be able to edit your profile. There is no other way than using the authenticator app. But Authenticator is Only used if you need to set up a Billing method or need to edit a Billing method of yours. The other details can be added to your profile by : Settings> My Profile.

Please don't hesitate to ask any doubts.

Thanking You,

Antony

Hi Bilge,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
aadzinets
Community Member

Hello,

I have an account on Upwork assoiciated with a lost phone number. I cannot login to that account because it requires me to enter an SMS code sent to that number. How can I restore access to that account?

I had to create a new account on Upwork to be able to login and leave this message because otherwise I couldn't even ask for help. This is completely stupid to be honest, and this is againts the rules to have multiple accounts, but that's how Upwork works.

Hi Alex,

Could you please click on my name and send me a PM with more information about the account you are referring to? I will be sure to look into your report and escalate it accordingly.

Please know that you can contact us directly on any social media you prefer and we will be happy to help you. 

~ Nikola
Upwork
cortez_luciana
Community Member

Good day! 

I do not have accesss to my phone number I used to login to my account (2 factor authentification code is sent there). I now have a new number which I'd like to connect to my Upwork profile as the 2-factor auth method so I can log in. Could you help me with this?

Thank you in advance! 

Hi Luciana,

I've shared your concern with the team and we'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
2d0a6e11
Community Member

Hi there,

I need help in changing my previous phone number on my Upwork account. When I go to setting, it asks for a verification code sent on the previous phone number that is no more in use. 

Thanks

Hi Zohra,

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
2c2953e1
Community Member

I lost my phone. My authorization app verification is on. How do I get off authorization app verification.

Hi Soaib,

I can see that you have already submitted a support ticket to our team. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly on your open ticket. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
pluro-accounts
Community Member

So ive had to create this account as a temp account as i cant get into my other account.

Basically i dont have access to the phone listed on my upwrok profile and i cant get into my accoutn or speak to support. Im a top rate plus memeber.

Ive created this temp account so i can post this and try and get some help.

Ridiclous that ive had to go to this length just to get into my existing account so a bad UX.

Hi Pluro,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. Could you please click on my picture next to this post and send me a private message with more info about the account you need help with?

Thanks!
~Andrea
Upwork

I need upwork to contact me asap regarding another upwork account

I would like to ask for support. I've lost my phone associated with my upwork account and my two way verification is on. Please help me turn it off and gain control of my account and change my phone number on my information details.

I cant access my 2FA code sent to an old mobile so i cant log into my existing account so ive had to create this account to get some help!

vkumar0689
Community Member

one of my friends is unable to log in on Upwork. His contact number is stopped working that used in two-step verification and now he is unable to log in on Upwork without confirming the OTP. Please let me know how can he log in Upwork by skipping the two-step verification. Also, without login, he is not enabled to contact support.

Hi Vinod,

Please know we are not able to discuss details of another user's account with you here because of privacy concerns. Please let your friend know he can reach out to us through our different support channels and we'll be happy to assist him further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Community Member

I've lost my 6 Digit code as i was reset my Phone. Now i can't access my settings.

Hi Jamiar,

I'm sorry to hear you've had trouble with this. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
asmakhalid301
Community Member

I want to do some settings for my running account for almost 2 years. but for the last 2 months whenever I tried to do settings it ask me to put a code received via text message. but I haven't received any code yet. in these 2 months, I tried almost 7 times but no code received in my contact number I put there. 

before that, I used to received codes by Upwork while setting my account. but why now it's not ???

please fix this issue I am fed up now

Hi Asma,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
52befd62
Community Member

I have tried to receive my verificaiton code via sms numreous times and it is not coming through. 

Hi Pilar,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with receiving a verification code. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork
f2e7495a
Community Member

I can't manage anything in my settings. I lost my phone and lost my athentication app. How can I get my QR code or 6 digit code to access my settings again? Please help!

Hi Jewell,

I checked and it looks that you already resolved the issue. Could you please let us know if you still need help with this?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
cathia123
Community Member

Hello! It seems like the Upwork Help Support doesn't work. I need to connect with them because I have to change something from the setting option and I couldn't get through with it because my phone number associated with my account is already invalid. Any suggestion?

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths