🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: notify Upwork of violation of rules
Page options
terestan
Community Member

notify Upwork of violation of rules

I have submitted about 6 proposals and finally had my first response.  But it seems there might be a problem and I'm brand new to Upwork. First they asked me to install a new app for interview, which I didn't mind doing.  Said the interview 'chat' would be 50 minutes, it ended going over 2 hours - again, a bit confusing, but I stayed with them.

Now that I appear to have 'passed' the interview,they want to hire me outside of Upwork and set up a direct deposit to pay me weekly?  he said there were 70 proposals submitted and it would take about an hour this morning to finalize things.   I am supposed to be online on this "Telegram" app and wait to hear something.    Just doesn't feel right to me and want to submit a 'request for help'.

T

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Teresa,

I would recommend checking out this Post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.
I would also like to clarify that I`ve edited your image because sharing private details is a violation of our Community Guidelines. If there are any private details you would like to share, feel free to reach out to us (Moderators) via PM. You can simply click on our names > click Message and reach out to us with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
wescowley
Community Member

It's almost certainly a scam, but even if it isn't, accepting payment outside Upwork for a client you met through Upwork is a terms of service violation and will get your account closed.

I'd suggest reporting the job post (link on top right of the job posting) and blocking the client on Telegram.

Apparently the job post has already been removed. I have my proposal still available where I submitted. The client is on telegram right now saying they did not send Upwork a letter and it does feel like a scam. Here's the morning's transcript:
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Teresa,

I would recommend checking out this Post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs.
I would also like to clarify that I`ve edited your image because sharing private details is a violation of our Community Guidelines. If there are any private details you would like to share, feel free to reach out to us (Moderators) via PM. You can simply click on our names > click Message and reach out to us with more details. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have done as suggested and reviewed the 'tips'.  But after 7 proposals, I have no communications and wondering what else I can do to my profile?  It only says 70% complete but there's nothing more I see to do until I actually acquire work here?    I am having to reset my Twitter account before I can connect that.

Teresa

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Teresa,

Submitting proposals doesn't always guarantee that you will get hired or a chance to be interviewed, but you shouldn't give up on sending proposals to potential clients. 

Connecting Upwork to a social media account isn't a requirement for a 100% profile. Completing other sections of your profile will allow you to achieve a 100% complete profile as you can see in this help article

Also, you may check Hiring Headquarters and find there some excellent articles:

When you apply for jobs, make sure your proposal is well written and that you're absolutely qualified and certain of your ability to complete the job you're applying for.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths