cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ny Profile

Highlighted
Brenda S Member Since: Oct 10, 2016
1 of 4

i am highly upset i have been trying to  fix the profile issues  for three months  they say go to your email for a cmplete list then  i dont see a email  how hard can this be to solve 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 4

@Brenda S wrote:

i am highly upset i have been trying to  fix the profile issues  for three months  they say go to your email for a cmplete list then  i dont see a email  how hard can this be to solve 

Have you tried to improve your profile? It is very, very poor.

Start from scratch, using proper spelling, capitalisation and grammar. Write in full, coherent sentences.

FULLY describe your skills and experience in your overview, so clients get an idea why they should hire you out of the millions of other freelancers on this platform.

Take some relevant skills tests.

Add a portfolio.

Take and upload a better profile picture (with your eyes open, preferably)

Look at the profiles of successful freelancers to see how they present themselves.

Your profile is your shop window. USE IT!

At the moment yours says "I have no relevant skills and I just don't give a d*mn."

Highlighted
Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
3 of 4

I don’t know what the email said that was wrong, but after reading your overview in your profile, you can start by:

Exactly what skills do you have in data entry (accuracy rate, typing skills, etc) Filing is not a skill that, IMO is done virtually. I’m not totally understanding the statement faxing an inventory. Is that 2 separate things, like, you can fax and you can also perform inventory?  What classes are you taking, and what are you learning. I would even suggest you leave that statement out. You are competing against hundreds of other freelancers many of which have years of experience and more qualifications. Clients don't want to hire someone still learning. They don’t want to take the time to teach them what they don’t know yet. They want to get their job done, professionally by qualified freelancers.  What exact skills do you have with Excel. What can you do using Excel, (pivot tables. charts/graphs, dual combo charts, dashboards, advanced formulas such as if’s, sumif, PMT V and H lookup’s )

Besides that you have several grammatical, capitalization and punctuation errors. Your overview doesn’t set you apart from the other hundreds of freelancers. It actually tells me nothing.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 4

re: "i am highly upset i have been trying to  fix the profile issues  for three months..."

I don't think you should be upset with yourself. I think you should replace that frustration with determination.

Rather than be angry or upset, which accomplishes nothing, choose today between one of the following:

a) It is not worth the time it takes to get started on Upwork. There are easier ways to get work, and many ways in my local community to earn a lot more money. I'm done.

[or]

b) I can do this! I'm going to study and work and read and work and do what it takes to get started here. And then I'm going to do what it takes to succeed. I understand that at this point in time I need to read Upwork's published help documents, watch their help videos, read hundreds of threads in the Community Forum, and thoroughly study at least 50 different profiles of freelancers who are successful in my chosen field. I understand that it will take at least one month of study and research before I can return to my profile and start making changes.