🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » outside payment for the purchase of a device
Page options
anthonycorpuz
Community Member

outside payment for the purchase of a device

I have this situation. I will be testing a website using an iPhone device. The problem is that I don't have an iPhone to work on. The client offered to send me a money for the purchase via Paypal. Will I be breaking any rules on outside payment? Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

@anthony c wrote:

Will I be breaking any rules on outside payment? Thanks in advance.

Yes.

I also doubt the client would buy you an iPhone...Why would they not just hire someone who HAS an iPhone?

If the client really wants you to have an iphone they can buy it and then have it shipped to you.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

@anthony c wrote:

Will I be breaking any rules on outside payment? Thanks in advance.

Yes.

I also doubt the client would buy you an iPhone...Why would they not just hire someone who HAS an iPhone?

If the client really wants you to have an iphone they can buy it and then have it shipped to you.

It's just an iPhone 5 which is way cheaper minus shipping fee. but anyways, my question is answered and I suggested to instead give me an upfront payment for the contract. Thank you so much.

@anthony c wrote:

It's just an iPhone 5 which is way cheaper minus shipping fee. but anyways, my question is answered and I suggested to instead give me an upfront payment for the contract. Thank you so much.

Anthony, just remember that Upwork will deduct 20% from your payment, so make sure the upfront payment is large enough to cover the 20% fee.

Retired Team Member

Hi Anthony,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket where you can share more details with us about this and assist you further. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths