🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » payment for services rendered
Page options
makeala
Community Member

payment for services rendered

I just want to make sure I will be getting paid for the 4 hours of work provided, although the person ended the contract today(there was more work to be done, but they will be using somene else).

I am new to Upwork and want to ensure there are no issues.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I just want to make sure I will be getting paid for the 4 hours of work provided, although the person ended the contract today(there was more work to be done, but they will be using somene else)."

Yes, you will be getting paid.

Freelancers are paid automatically for the time that they log using the Upwork desktop time-tracker application.

A client may end a contract at any time. It doesn't matter. If you (the freelancer) logged the time, you will be paid for that time.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Makeala,

It looks like it was an hourly contract and you tracked your hours. For hourly contracts freelancers are paid according to the Weekly Billing Cycle and it doesn't matter if the contract has already been closed. You can also check the status of your payment in Reports> Overview.

~ Valeria
Upwork
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "I just want to make sure I will be getting paid for the 4 hours of work provided, although the person ended the contract today(there was more work to be done, but they will be using somene else)."

Yes, you will be getting paid.

Freelancers are paid automatically for the time that they log using the Upwork desktop time-tracker application.

A client may end a contract at any time. It doesn't matter. If you (the freelancer) logged the time, you will be paid for that time.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths