cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment method

Highlighted
Sultana Razia M Member Since: Nov 29, 2016
1 of 3

Hi, this is mili. I am new in Odesk. Here I have receive a jod. Now need to confirm my payment to the client. Here I have a account in our local bank. so, my question is as below:

1. how can i get my payment to my local bank and what is the setup?

2. How odesk will deduct there fee on this work.

3. here the client payment mathod still unverified, so is there any risk to work with him?

4. If client dont give me the payment, do i have to pay fee to odesk for that job.

Pls help me!

Best regards

mili

Community Guru
Kathryn B Member Since: Jul 22, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 3

Welcome to UpWork!

1.  To set up your bank information, go to your account settings and fill out the information under Get Paid.

2.  UpWork automatically deducts their fee when the client releases payment to you.

3.  Unverified Payment Methods are not covered by UpWork protection.  So yes, there is risk in starting work before they verify their payment method with UpWork.

4.  If you do not get paid, there are no fees.

5.  You do not show any Jobs In Progress on your  profile.  Did the client send you a contract to accept?  If not, they have not actually hired you yet.  Do not begin working until they do this and verify their payment method through UpWork.

Again, welcome to UpWork (oDesk).  I would suggest checking out the Getting Started Guide before you jump in too far so you have a better understanding of how to set up everything.

~I am only here when I can tolerate having my eyes blasted, my privacy treated like a joke, and my temper pushed to it's limit. For all other times, please request alternate contact methods~
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 3

This is Upwork. oDesk vanished a loooong time ago.

Bottom line:

Go to your My Jobs page

Is there a contract?

If not, do not do any work until there is...

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS