Hi, this is mili. I am new in Odesk. Here I have receive a jod. Now need to confirm my payment to the client. Here I have a account in our local bank. so, my question is as below:
1. how can i get my payment to my local bank and what is the setup?
2. How odesk will deduct there fee on this work.
3. here the client payment mathod still unverified, so is there any risk to work with him?
4. If client dont give me the payment, do i have to pay fee to odesk for that job.
Pls help me!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Welcome to UpWork!
1. To set up your bank information, go to your account settings and fill out the information under Get Paid.
2. UpWork automatically deducts their fee when the client releases payment to you.
3. Unverified Payment Methods are not covered by UpWork protection. So yes, there is risk in starting work before they verify their payment method with UpWork.
4. If you do not get paid, there are no fees.
5. You do not show any Jobs In Progress on your profile. Did the client send you a contract to accept? If not, they have not actually hired you yet. Do not begin working until they do this and verify their payment method through UpWork.
Again, welcome to UpWork (oDesk). I would suggest checking out the Getting Started Guide before you jump in too far so you have a better understanding of how to set up everything.
Recently, we hosted an event with Upwork's Engineering Lead, Mike Maietta. In this event, we introduced this new tool, and Mike demonstrated how to use it and answered questions.Learn More
Upwork partnered Red Bay Coffee and artists commissioned from our own platform to bring the Wake and Make blend to life. We asked the creatives to share their freelancer journeys.Learn More
Virtual Talent Bench enables you to easily discover and connect with talent. Learn more about building custom lists of talent, adding tags, notes, and more to move your business forward.Learn More
Loom addition in messages provides more ways to easily communicate and share information on Upwork!Learn More