🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » payment still pending
Page options
13438fd5
Community Member

payment still pending

I have some questions regarding the image I attached (sorry still new on Upwork). Does the date mean it will be the time I will get the payment? Also, the money will not be transferred to my bank unless I clicked "Get paid" am I correct? If that's so, what does the schedule does in 'Get Paid' page? What is it for? Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
LuiggiR

Hi Darla,

That is correct. For hourly contracts, your client is billed every Monday UTC for the hours you've completed the week prior. The client then is able to review those hours up until Friday the same week, which is when you'll see the hours in the "Pending" tab if you go to Reports > Overview. The payment then becomes available for you to withdraw the following Wednesday, and as you've mentioned, you won't receive the funds in your account unless you choose the "Get paid" option or have an automatic payment schedule in which the funds get sent to your preferred payment method based on the parameters you've set.

You can check this help article to learn more about how the billing cycle works and don't hesitate to let us know if you have additional questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LuiggiR

Hi Darla,

That is correct. For hourly contracts, your client is billed every Monday UTC for the hours you've completed the week prior. The client then is able to review those hours up until Friday the same week, which is when you'll see the hours in the "Pending" tab if you go to Reports > Overview. The payment then becomes available for you to withdraw the following Wednesday, and as you've mentioned, you won't receive the funds in your account unless you choose the "Get paid" option or have an automatic payment schedule in which the funds get sent to your preferred payment method based on the parameters you've set.

You can check this help article to learn more about how the billing cycle works and don't hesitate to let us know if you have additional questions.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
13438fd5
Community Member

as far as I understood, payment will not be triggered unless I clicked 'Get paid' regardless of what schedule I set, or is it automatic and will be done on Aug. 24, 2022, based on the image? 

Hi Darla,

Thank you for your message. Your payment will be automatically initiated on Aug 24, 2022 as seen on the image if your available funds meet the criteria set by you for scheduled withdrawal. Feel free to message us if you need further assistance.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
13438fd5
Community Member

Okay thank you so much

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths