🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: payoneer payment inactive for 2 weeks
Page options
abdullahayub422
Community Member

payoneer payment inactive for 2 weeks

Hey Experts,

I've set up the Payoneer account about 2 weeks ago but it still showing inactive. what could be the reason?

is there anyone should I contact?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Bilal A wrote:

I've set up the Payoneer account about 2 weeks ago but it still showing inactive. what could be the reason?

No need to contact anybody. Chances are you haven't completed your tax details, and without that you can not withdraw any money.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Bilal A wrote:

No need to contact anybody. Chances are you haven't completed your tax details, and without that you can not withdraw any money.

I don't have any tax information. What should I do then?

Hi Bilal, 

If you go to your Tax Information page (Settings > Tax Information), you will see that you are being requested to fill-in your W-8BEN. As noted on this help article
"The Form W-8BEN is a form used to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. For record-keeping purposes, Upwork requires a Form W-8BEN for all non-U.S. taxpayers paid on Upwork. Once you file your Form W-8BEN, the system will activate your eligibility to access funds immediately."

Please fill-in this form on your account by typing in your legal name, and address, that matches your Upwork account. Once done, your payment methods should be automatically activated.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths