cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paypal

Highlighted
Olivera D Member Since: Oct 19, 2016
1 of 7

Is it possible to receive as a freelancer on upwork money/payment on paypal on a master card or I need to have visa card for this?

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
2 of 7

Hi Olivera,

Users can add PayPal as a payment method to their Upwork account and transfer their Upwork earnings. Accessing their funds afterwards is something we can't advise on and they'll need to check with PayPal Customer Support. Unfortunately, PayPal as a withdrawal option is not available for users in Serbia, so please choose a different withdrawal method.

Highlighted
3 of 7

Oh, I didn't knew that. Why is PayPal as a withdrawal option not available for Serbia?

Can you please suggest what withdrawal method I can use?

Thank you,

Olivera

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 7

Hi Olivera,

You can choose from the ones available on your Get Paid page and check their details, timing and fees in this Help article. Not sure which one would work best for you but most of the local freelancers I spoke with are using Payoneer.

Please check the information shared in this thread and during the webinar Milan Trbojević organized solely for the benefit of Upwork freelancers.

Highlighted
5 of 7

Thnak you for helping me.

I also think like Zelimir wrote that I can withdraw from PayPal to Serbia, but in order to do that I need to have a Debit Card issued from one of banks in Serbia.

But I'm also thinking about using Payoneer because it doesen't have pending balance like Paypal.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Zelimir T Member Since: Jun 22, 2015
6 of 7

Hi Olivera.

IMHO,

You should definitely check with PayPal Customer Support, as Vladimir suggested.

But in the meantime you should check this link out.

A little excerpt from that text:
"...Or to put it differently, for residents to be allowed to engage in payment operations through, for instance, PayPal or Skrill, these companies would have to be licensed with the NBS as electronic money institutions. To date, PayPal has not filed an application with the NBS to be licensed as an electronic money institution. Hence, for the time being, Serbian legal and natural persons can use PayPal to perform only international payment transactions"

So, basically, this should mean that you could withdraw from PayPal to Serbia, but you will need to have a Debit Card issued from one of banks here.

That being said, I have been transfering money from PayPal to my Debit Card rather frequently in the past years, and had zero problems. Also, I just want to add that I have just withdrawn a small sum from PayPal, just to test if this still works.
It does.

Also, you could also use Payoneer. That's a great option too.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
7 of 7

re: "Why is PayPal as a withdrawal option not available for Serbia?"

That has nothing to do with Upwork. Upwork doesn't make decisions regarding where PayPal can be used.