🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » portfolio thumbnail image standard size ?
Page options
mahmoud_qamar
Community Member

portfolio thumbnail image standard size ?

Hi everybody.

I have a question, I need to know the portfolio thumbnail image standard size?

thank you.

16 REPLIES 16
JoanneP

Hi Mahmoud,

The maximum size is 5 mb for the thumbnail and 25 mb for attachments. You can check this help article for more information and refer to this thread where other community members discussed about the portfolio section. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you for your reply.
but what is width and height pixel size ??

designiaa3921
Community Member

Hi Mahmoud,

Please use a clear photo and set the size to 300x300. This will definitely work.

Good Luck.

Thanks

Thank you Pushpank for actually providing dimensions! I have no idea why it's like pulling teeth to get a specific answer to certain questions such as this one. Seems like a reasonable question with universal application for the platform.

300 x 300 got me close, but as it turns out, however, it appears to me that 300 x 225 is actually an even better fit. (I'm not technically savvy in this area, though, so I'll look forward to some more informed input!)

Thanks for the info David!

I've been looking for more updated info since the "common" thread referred for this issue is a bit outdated (the dimensions they suggest don't work perfectly now).

Your suggested 300x225 dimension fits oerfectly . Though you don't need to limit your images to such a small resolution.

I calculated the aspect ratio of the ideal thumbnail, using your suggested dimensions, and confirmed it's 4:3. Knowing that, you can use this Online calculator to resize your images accordingly. With which you can upload a thumbnail in any dimensions you want, while still making sure that it'll fit well (Remember though, that the images must be in .jpeg format, under 5MB and no larger than 4000x4000 px)

I've tried it with some of my portfolio pieces that needed better cropping o nthe thumbnails, and it has workled 100% for each case. I hope this bit of info is helpful.

Hi Sebastian,

You mention the best aspect ratio to use and the max file sizes allowed, but are you able to shed any light on what the optimum file setup would be as far as pixel size goes? I uploaded an image at 3350px at its largest side, and though Upwork "accepted" and uploaded the image, it was compressed drastically making the quality look very poor. 

Thanks in advance!

Hi Mercedes,

Regards to the issue of poor quality, I suggest saving the thumbnail as PNG format.

"Hi Mercedes,

Regards to the issue of poor quality, I suggest saving the thumbnail as PNG format."

Hi Yassin Y, 
I agree with you. 

thank you so much

Thank you for the answer. 🙂

Javed Aslam
tamjid_h
Community Member

Hi Mahmoud,

Please use a clear photo and set the size to 300x300. This will definitely work.

Good Luck

Thanks,

Tamjid Hossain

That is nonsense. Portfolio images published on UpWork profiles are clearly visually wider than they are deep - before you even apply a given unit of measurement!

300 x 300 in any unit of measurent of a given area – be it pixel's, mm's, metres, kilometres, nautical miles, fathoms – whatever – would, obviously, make the space....wait for it....square!

Please refrain from contributing if you do not have the answer – it wastes everybody's – and more importantly – my time.

300 x 300 for portfolio images definitely DOES NOT work - unless you want the image cropped really badly top and bottom. (screengrab attached).

pagolame08
Community Member

width 1000px width x 750px height

farhannadeem137
Community Member

Dimensions:

The minimum dimensions for images are 400px width x 300px height.

Size: 

5 mb For Thumbnail. 

poliranishil
Community Member

Portfolio thumbnail image standard size?

The maximum Upwork portfolio thumbnail image: 1000px width by 750px height is recommended

• Images (.jpg, .gif, .png, up to 10 MB)
  • Videos (.mp4, .mov, .webm, .ogm, ogv, up to 100 MB, 2 maximum, < 60 seconds)
  • Audio (.mp3, .wav, up to 10 MB, 20 maximum)
  • Document (.pdf, up to 10 MB)

Thank you.

arshad_waqad
Community Member

Hi,
I tried a 1000px x 750px image and it was the exact fit and it looked great. Try to use that 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths