Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

posted job expiration

Highlighted
Community Guru
Gerald S Member Since: Apr 1, 2018
11 of 15

Now another question along these lines: Do clients get notified if their posting sits inactive by them? I just withdrew 6 proposald due to inactive clients. I have no time for unresponsive clients, I'm here to gain clients, retain clients and produce great work and enjoy my trade. Unresponcive clients not only waste our time, their posting eat up our connects.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
12 of 15

I'm sorry to hear about your experience, Gerald. 

By default, when a job is posted on the platform, it's open for 30 days. If no freelancer is selected the job will expire, unless the client edits it, or changes something on the job post. When the job post is about to expire, the client is notified through an email. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Richard W Member Since: Jun 22, 2017
13 of 15

Hi Gerald. Yes, there are a lot of time-wasting job posters (I won't call them "clients"). But withdrawing your proposals doesn't do you any good. You don't get your connects back. You might well leave the proposal in place for the small chance that the job-poster will eventually hire you or cancel the job. (If they cancel the job, then you get back the connects.) I once got a good job from a client who didn't interview anyone for 3 weeks, and then suddenly offered me the job.

Highlighted
Community Guru
14 of 15

Hi Richard,

The 2-3 weeks job offers have come in for me as well and they turned out to be some of the most  fun projects I've worked on in some time. I do understand the connects issue and well it is what it is..

I just really wish more job posters would be proactive. (jumps off apple crate).

Highlighted
Community Guru
15 of 15

Avery,

Thanks for the clarification on expiring posts and cancelation. Glad UpWork notifies posters that their jobs are ending.

THX

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS