🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Profile is under review
Page options
d_fedorovich
Community Member

profile is under review

Hello, My friend have a problem. She received such message "Your profile is under review. You should hear back within 12 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved"It is almost 72 hours now but the status is still in Under Review. What she can do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Dmitriy,

Could you please send me a private message with the link to your friends profile?

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

902 REPLIES 902

I am also still waiting for my approval. I would love to get started on the proposals for the jobs I have already saved. Any help/update is appreciated. Thank you!

Hi Jessica Diann,

Welcome to Upwork! New profiles are reviewed in order they are submitted and yours will be reviewed by the team as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork
aregshah
Community Member

My profile has been under review for almost 3 days now. The text when I log in says "You should hear back within 24 hours."

Is there something wrong? Is there something I can do to make it be approed faster? I didn't receive any emails (I checked my spam folder too) and I'm not sure what's missing here.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Areg, 

Your profile is now approved. Welcome to Upwork!

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform.

For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

you may also want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

I've completed my profile days ago and it still shows:

"Your profile is under review. You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved."

What can be done with this so I can start submitting my proposals? Thanks.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your profile has already been accepted. Welcome to Upwork, Kapil. 

For help getting started, please read up on the freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform.

For more information about working safely through Upwork, please read these tips for avoiding questionable jobs.

Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

Hello!

I just created my account on Thursday 29th and today it is still under review. Can you please help my with this?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Arnaldo Morales

Hi Arnaldo and Aljaz,

Sorry about the delay. Our team will follow up on your profiles and notify you regarding your profile status soon.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
zaynah27
Community Member

Hi there,

I was just wondering if my Upwork account has been approved as it seems to be stuck on the details page on my laptop?

Thanks,

Zaynah. 

Hello,

I registered with Upwork a couple of days ago and received a notice stating that

"Your profile is under review

You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved."

It is more than 24 hours but the notice is still on my account and I haven't received any word regarding my progress.  Please let me know how to move forward with this.

Regards,

Neha

Hello, I registered with Upwork  and received a notice stating that "Your profile is under review You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved." It is more than 3 days but the notice is still on my account and I haven't received any word regarding my progress. Please let me know how to move forward with this. Regards, Umangi

Same happening to my profile and it's already more than 24 hours. It's now going 3 days!!!! what's happening?

Its been more then 48 hours but my profile hasn't been approved what should i do?

euriysm
Community Member

I need to send out my application now why does it have to take 24h long??

cylver1z
Community Member

Hello Euri,

Our team reviews newly registered accounts in the order they are submitted. Our team will review yours as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience!

Untitled

Euri, you should be glad that you have additional time to work on your profile. There is virtually no chance that it will be approved as is.

Instead of stuffing a string of keywords into the overview section, actually write an overview that talks about your background and what you can do for the client. Add some work history. Generally just...create a profile.

the review of my profile is goiing on after 4 days.

The text that shows is (You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able submit proposals once your profile is approved.)

please sir review my profile.

Hi Shafin,

Thank you for your patience. Your profile is now accepted. Please log in and check. Also, please go through the guides, tutorials, courses, videos, Help articles and Community discussions compiled in the following thread, designed to help new users get started on Upwork. https://community.upwork.com/t5/New-to-Upwork/Getting-Started-on-Upwork/m-p/264214#U264214

Afterwards, if you have any questions feel free to follow up in the Community and we'll gladly help you with them.

~ Joanne
Upwork

my profile has not been activated and it says that im under review 

Dear customer service support,

could you please kindly take a look at my account and let me know if it could please be approved or in case any modifications are required I more than happy to updare the profile.

Hi Maysoon and Andrey,

Congratulations, your profiles has been accepted. Happy Upworking!

~ Goran
Upwork

I applied yesterday as freelancer but i didn't get any response, whether acceptance or rejection.

So what should i do now ?

@Ahmed I wrote:

I applied yesterday as freelancer but i didn't get any response, whether acceptance or rejection.

So what should i do now ?

Are you sure that all details on your profile are true and accurate, including your location and your English level? Are you sure you are currently in Austria?

Yes I am in currently in Linz in Austria, and i am sure of all the information i provided.

Thank you for your instant reply.

Hi Ahmed and Mahdi,

Our team will review your profiles soon and reach out to you directly with the results of the review. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Mr. Goran,

Thank you for your time and consideration.

I finished my profile, it's at 100% and I think my profile is approved too but I still don't have any connects

Hi Naceur,

Please click on the "0 Available Connects" link to the right of your job feed, to select a membership plan and get your connects.

~Nina
desi4ik
Community Member

Hello, I filled out my profile by 85%, but I still get this message:

We've hidden your profile because it does not meet the following Upwork guidelines. You will not be able to submit proposals until these issues are fixed. Check these support messages for more details.

Please edit your profile and then resubmit for review.

Why is that?

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Denis, 

Congratulations your profile is now accepted.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, I would like to request for my profile to be activated. I made this account 3 years ago. And I haven't been in touch since then. I updated my profile base on the experiences I have been. I'm looking forward to be part of your freelancer. Thank you.

Hi Rachel,

Your profile is now accepted, thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there 🙂
i registered from almost 36 Hours ago and this message still appears to me?!

Your profile is under review. You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved )

Hello Ahmed,

I'm sorry to hear that. I have escalated your concern. Our team will review your profile and will give you an update as soon as possible. Thank you.

Untitled
kimmyclc
Community Member

Hi, 

My profile is still tagged as "under review". May I request for any other steps I can do? 

Thanks! 

Hi Kimmy,

I have followed up with our team. You will be notified of the decision about your profile. Thank you for your patience. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I was wondering if I would receive an email if my profile was accepted or if I just wait it out. 

Hi Megan,

Please check the notification you just received and follow the instructions our team shared before resubmitting your profile.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi,

I created my profile on 28th, but it still says it is under review. Can someone help me with this? 

Thanks,

Hi Rifat,

We apologize for the delay. We are happy to let you know that you profile has been accepted. Please log in to your Upwork account to check. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths