🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » profile is under review
Page options
d_fedorovich
Community Member

profile is under review

Hello, My friend have a problem. She received such message "Your profile is under review. You should hear back within 12 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved"It is almost 72 hours now but the status is still in Under Review. What she can do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Dmitriy,

Could you please send me a private message with the link to your friends profile?

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

902 REPLIES 902

Hello! I've made my account, and I've been waiting for a reply from Upwork for the past 5 days. It says that I would be informed within 24 hours and it's been a while now and I haven't heard anything.

What do I do?

Hi Adam,

Congratulations, your profile is accepted. You can check out this Thread to learn more about getting started here.

~ Goran
Upwork

My profile is under review , I have client who wants to hire me . Can he hire me ?

Hi Shikha,

Congratulations, your profile is accepted.

~ Goran
Upwork
bhurelal
Community Member

Hi Upwork!

I have submitted my profile on last Friday (Feb 16, 2018) but it’s still getting the same error that:- 

"Your profile is under review.

You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved"

Kindly help!

Hi Bhurelal,

Your profile is accepted, you will need only to select a membership plan by going to Settings > Membership&Connects.

~ Goran
Upwork

I Completed my profile 100% three days ago and still not get response from Upwork, so this confuse me because i dont know if i did something wrong.

I will appreciate any comment nor suggestions about it and my profile

Hi Juan,

Your profile has been accepted, congrats! Just click on the "0 Available Connects" link to the right of your job feed, to select a membership plan and get your connects.

I'd also suggest you check out this article about how to Work With Clients on Upwork which provides information on all the steps to start working with clients. You may also find it helpful to check out this thread which has many useful tips and information for getting started on Upwork.

~Nina

Hi Team,

I have sumbitted my profile longback and the status is still showing "Your profile is under review". Could any one help me out on this. I don't know whom to contact on this issue.

Regards,

Sreeni

Hi Sree,

Congratulations your profile is accepted.
I can suggest to check out this Thread and learn everything you need to know about getting started here.

~ Goran
Upwork
dmistri
Community Member

Hello Dear Sir / Ma'am

I have created my profile but daily I check it and it says that

Your profile is under review

You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved.

please approve my profile and give me chance to expand my skills
kindly draw attention to my request

petra_r
Community Member

Your profile overview is plagiarized... (stolen from someone else)

This usually means everything else is fake or stolen, too and such profiles should obviously not be approved and the profile owner banned permanently.

Hi Dhaval,

I checked with our team and confirmed that your profile has been accepted. Please log in and check. Let us know if you need assistance. We're here to help. Thanks!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I need help in getting my account approved. I have a client who wants to employ me via upwork.

Hi Rachel,

Our team has already reached out to you with more detail explanation via ticket, you can access your tickets on this Link.

~ Goran
Upwork
nnspeth
Community Member

Hi, I am new to Upwork.  I have filled out my profile, and I cannot seem to find where to apply for the profile approval??  
I origionally signed up for Upwork several months ago, but did not start filling out my profile and using it until about two weeks ago.  Did I somehow alread get approval? Is that why I cannot find it?  I doubt that, but just confused why I can't seem to find where to ask for approval.

Thanks
N

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Natalie,

I just checked your profile and confirm that was approved, you have also selected a members plan and you can start biding on projects.
Check out this thread to learn more about getting started on Upwork, if you have any additional questions let me know.

~ Goran
Upwork

I Have Made My Profile 3 days ago but not approved yet its still showing (Your profile is under review).

What should i do ?

Hi Webnet, 

The team will follow up with you via email with more information about your account. 

@Webnet T wrote:

I Have Made My Profile 3 days ago but not approved yet its still showing (Your profile is under review).

What should i do ?

~ Avery
Upwork

I created my upwork profile 3 days ago and it still isn't approved, but it says my profle is 100% complete. Any help on how to find out what the hold up is? Thank you! : ) 

Hello, I recently created an account in the hope of applying for a job. My account has been fully created, but I'm currently unable to "Submit a Proposal" for the job I'm looking for because my profile is "under review". I have two questions:

1. When can I expect my profile review to be complete? The position I'm applying for is very time sensitive, and I'd like to submit my proposal ASAP. Is there anything I can do to speed the profile review period?

2. In the meantime, while my profile remains under review, is there any other way I can contact the job poster to reach out and express my strong interest in the position that he has posted? I'd like to send him a message to indicate my strong interest in the assignment he has posted.

Hello Timothy,

Kindly wait within 24 hours for us to review your profile. Unfortunately, you can't send your prospective client a message unless they are the one who will reach out to you first. Thank you!

Untitled

I'm having the same issue, but it has been over 72 hours that my profile has been "under review". Please answer for why this is taking so long? Thank you. 

Hello Kenzie,

I just made a follow up on your profile review. You'll have the result of your profile review as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

Untitled

Sir,

I recently create account on upwork. I submit for review and it almost 2-3 days past. My profile has not approved. And message appear on my profile is that from past 3 days is that :

Your profile is under review

You should hear back within 24 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved.

Kindly update me and approved my profile on upwork.

Please help me on this.

Thanks

Geetanjali

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Geetanjali,

Our team has already sent more detail explanation to you about the status of your application, please follow the steps listed in this. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello,

May I know the reason why my profile is not approved and i cannot resubmit it ? 

Hi Riddhi,

Our team has already reached out to you with more details about this via ticket, you can access your tickets on this Link.

If you have any additional questions please post them on your open ticket and our team will assist you further.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Team 

I have just become a member as a free lancer  and while trying to find openings , I was not able to submit my profile as it says that it under review 

How long does it take to get approved so I can start submitting proposals

Your help in the matter is greatly appreciated 

Regards,

Shilpa 

**edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Shilpa,

Could you please revise your profile overview just a little bit? Make sure that you use complete sentences and correct punctuation errors. I understand that you are eager to start sending proposals to jobs on Upwork and we want you to have a successful start with an outstanding profile.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Shilpa: Please work on your profile photo as well.

Your current photo makes it look like you have not carefully studied the profiles of successful contractors on Upwork.

The lighting is not good.

I think a neutral background, but something other than a completely white wall, will work better for you.

Be sure to carefully consider the message your facial expression sends to your target audience: clients who you want to work for.

The biggest problem is that you have cropped the photo so wide that we can not see your face well.

No, changing your profile pic to puppies will not speed up the process........

can you tell me if my account is approved?

Hi Rashid,

I checked and I can confirm that your profile is active. Please log in to your account and check. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Please, can you check if my account has been approved?

Hi Sophia,

Congratulations, your profile is approved. If you don`t have any connects to bid please go to Settings > Membership&Connects and select one of our plans.
I can advise you to read the Getting Started as a Freelancer thread and learn more about Upwork.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello, 

I want to ask that how much time requires  for approving my profile  at up work . I continuously try to resubmit   but it is not approved can anyone please guide me?

Thank you. 

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Sapy,

I see your profile is already approved, but do please continue building your profile by adding portfolio samples, taking tests and filling other areas of your profile.

In regards to your profile overview, I just want to clarify that jobs requesting the creation of content that violates academic integrity is strictly prohibited on Upwork.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi Vladimir,

I am a new member on this platform  but I seem unable to create my profile.

On the create profile page, I fill in all the details regarding my experience et al but then I am unable to post because I cannot find the "submit" button.

Also, there seems to be no provision for the next page, which I imagine should be there.Please help.

Thanks, James.

Hi James,

Please, select your category, start typing your skills and select them from the options that'll show and choose your experience level. Once you do that, "See Recommendations" button should show. Please, click on it to proceed.

~ Valeria
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths