🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » profile is under review
Page options
d_fedorovich
Community Member

profile is under review

Hello, My friend have a problem. She received such message "Your profile is under review. You should hear back within 12 hours. You will be able to submit proposals once your profile is approved"It is almost 72 hours now but the status is still in Under Review. What she can do?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Dmitriy,

Could you please send me a private message with the link to your friends profile?

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

902 REPLIES 902

Hi Nikola,

I'll follow up with the team about the status of your profile and make sure it's reviewed as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Hi Upwork admins. I applied for a profile more than four days ago and when I log into the system I still receive a message that my profile will be under review for 12 hours. Please rectify this situation for me. Thank you.

Probably the delay because of the weekend. 

They will review it soon.

Hi Jim,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about the delay, I've escalated your concern to our expert to review your account and you will be updated as soon as possible. Thank you.

- Aaron
Untitled

Hi,
My name is SMA Nashere. I'm a Graphic Designer. I want to work on Upwark Freelancer but I stuck My account is not allowed. Please allow my account so that I get an opportunity to work with Upwark.
Please ...

Hi Sma,

I checked and saw that you've recently resubmitted your profile. Our team is in the process of reviewing your profile as soon as possible and you will receive a notification once the review is completed.

~Nina

im not sure if my page will be approved. 

what are the requirments to work here?

Hi Jayde,

Please, check this article for details regarding eligibility requirements for joining Upwork.

You will also need to make sure your profile is 100% complete, well-written and shows that you have skills that are in demand on the platform.

Check out resources linked to this post for more information about getting started on Upwork.

~ Valeria
Upwork

How can I know that my profile is approved?

I've updated my profile with necessary changes and done 100% completed. But it doesn't show any message like 'your profile is under review'.

Hi Anas,

Your profile is still under review, however you should receive a notification with an update shortly.

~Nina

same issue. but I was able to submit proposal. No signs that my account is active. No notification at all by the default email preferences.

i cant work using upwork because my account has not been approved yet

Hey Muaaz,

After submitting your profile for review, you will get an e-mail informing you if your profile is approved or declined. Only after being approved you can start working on UW.

Best wishes!

Hi Muaz,

Our team will review your profile soon and update you directly if it's approved.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Hi! I am new here. I already completed my profile and submitted for review. However, it takes more than 72 hours to complete. Current status of my profile review is "being reviewed" Can anybody  tell me what is wrong please? Thanks, Julien

petra_r
Community Member

Your profile picture is not acceptable as it does not clearly show your face, and your overview is written in very poor English, with a large number of mistakes which is completely unacceptable for a translator.

You have added no employment history and no portfolio. You have taken no French-related skill tests. Your profile is unlikely to get accepted. The English - French translation market is one of the most competitive on Upwork (along with the English - Spanish one). Without a polished, error-free and complete profile your chances of winning any contracts, even if accepted, are very poor indeed.

Hi Julien,

I can confirm your profile was recently reviewed and accepted, congrats and please review these resources before moving forward with using your account.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Thank you Vladimir, I am very happy to work with Upwork and thank you Petra for your commentary I take it on board.

My profile has been under review for an enitre week and I haven't received any feedback. Curious if someone could look into this for me?

Hi Nicole,

Sorry about the delay. The team will take a look at your profile as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Profile yet to be reviewed, it is more than 72 hours.

Hi Preethi,

We have coordinated with our team about this and your profile will be reviewed shortly.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello. I'm from Ukraine and not to good at english. Sorry if you saw a mistake. Want to improve my English skills and study it now. But i cant work and communicate with peoples. My profile is under review is too long. Much more than 12 hours. Can you please help me or say what i need to do or change to get the approve. Thank you.

Hello Kostya,

I have escalated your concern. Our team is currently working on your profile. You should be able to have the result of your review shortly. Thank you.

Untitled
bordee
Community Member

Hello, 

My friend created an Upwork profile last week as I recommend him and my client will hire him as an additional support for Email customer service and to respond in customers email backlog. It's almost 5 days but his profile is still under review and he didn't heard back in 12 hours regarding the approval of his profile. Below is the link of his profile. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

I hope someone will look into this as we need him to start working in our email backlog as soon as possible. 

Thank you

Hi Joel,

I'll follow up with the team and they will review that profile as soon as possible. Your friend will be informed about the outcome of the review directly.

~ Valeria
Upwork

I created an account and received note that my profile should be approved in 12 hours. this was over a week ago.  I cannot find any answer or anyway to contact or email someone at Upwork to find out why?

@Sam W wrote:

I created an account and received note that my profile should be approved in 12 hours. this was over a week ago.  I cannot find any answer or anyway to contact or email someone at Upwork to find out why?

Your profile will not be approved as it MUST NOT offer the services of a team. It must be only about you as a person and provider.

If you want to add a team you have to get your own profile fixed and approved, then add an agency, then every single person in your team has to create an account and profile, get those approved, then get added to the agency.

Hi Sam,

Our team will send a detail explanation about the status on your profile shortly.

~ Goran
Upwork

My profile is under review 3 days ago and i still see the profile is under review message on my profile 

i want to know if it is accepted or not and if not accepted whats the problem with my profile

Thanks in advanceSmiley Happy

Zeinab,

Please, note that you have to have only accurate and truthful information about your identity, skills and experience on your profile. Please, refer to the notification Upwork team sent to you a couple of weeks ago about your profile review.

Thanks.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks Valeria for reply all my information in the profile is my real personal information you can review the profile and the skills that i have written, i have passed the upwork tests that joins my skills although all of that my profile not accepted 

Please review my account again and i hope to join upwork.

Hi Zeinab,

Please see the notification that you received from Upwork several weeks ago which addresses your concern with more details. You can see it here.

~Nina

I am new to upwork previously worked on **Edited for Community Guidelines**. I just want to know that my account is approved or not?

Hi Tayyab,

Yes your profile is approved, I can see that you have already selected a membership plan as well. Your all set up to start applying on projects.

~ Goran
Upwork

This whole 12 hour process is bordering on 24 hours now. Curious if my account has been review and approved?

Thank you!

Hi Carl,

Our team will reach out to you shortly with details about the status on your account.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi there, Goran.

Still waiting to hear back, but I do understand this stuff takes some time.

Looking forward to seeing what happens. Thanks.

1sma3il
Community Member

Hello,  I am new here, I already completed my profile and submitted for review. However, it's been more than 12 hours and my profile has not yet been approved.

Thank You

Ismail D

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I checked your profile and it has already been approved. Welcome to Upwork, Ismail!

To help you get started, our team has compiled these freelancer resources for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on Upwork. Please also check out these tips for avoiding questionable jobs to help you work safely through Upwork. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths