🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » profile photo issues
Page options
trish_meja
Community Member

profile photo issues

Hello, everyone.

I'm sure that the issue I have isn't unique, and I don't enjoy discussing it, but here goes. 

I won't be able to upload the kind of profile photo required because I have health issues which affect my appearance. Although they don't prevent my working, they prevent me from taking any kind of typically attractive photo.  I have a marvelous camera! However, even my camera can't take the type of photo I need. 

I worked for the past 4 1/2 years for a well-known luxury goods website until the department in which I was working was downsized. I  have nothing but glowing reviews, as well as a very good letter of recommendation.  But for the matter of a profile photo, I seems as though I will be denied the chance to work for Upwork.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Patricia,

Welcome to Upwork and thank you for your message. I will share your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly and advise you accordingly. Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

@Patricia M wrote:

I'm sure that the issue I have isn't unique, and I don't enjoy discussing it, but here goes. 

I won't be able to upload the kind of profile photo required because I have health issues which affect my appearance. Although they don't prevent my working, they prevent me from taking any kind of typically attractive photo.  I have a marvelous camera! However, even my camera can't take the type of photo I need. 

I worked for the past 4 1/2 years for a well-known luxury goods website until the department in which I was working was downsized. I  have nothing but glowing reviews, as well as a very good letter of recommendation.  But for the matter of a profile photo, I seems as though I will be denied the chance to work for Upwork.

That was a very brave post!

Upwork tends to be willing to work with you to find a solution, but I am wondering if your health condition could be hidden (NOT because it is anything to be ashamed of, but because it is nobody's business who you wish to disclose it to) by some smart photo editing?

That's kind of you, but no; if it were doable I could have done it myself. Unless they would accept a pretty heavily edited picture from a long while ago.  

trish_meja
Community Member

...and that should read "it seems" instead of "i seems". Cat Very Happy

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Patricia,

Welcome to Upwork and thank you for your message. I will share your concern with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly and advise you accordingly. Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Bojan, 

i am having difficulty uploading my photo..i just click on the hand icon but it does not prompt the next step. What should I do to upload successfully?

Thank you! 

Cheers,

Francine

Hi Francine,

Please try clearing your cache and cookies or logging in with another browser to upload your photo, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths