🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » profile with only 2 projects having RISING TA...
Page options
gurjeetkalsi
Community Member

profile with only 2 projects having RISING TALENT BADGE

Being inquisitive about Upwork and how this platform works for freelancers, I stumble upon few profiles and found they have completed only 2 or fewer projects (less than 5) and earned far less than me, they are having RISING TALENT BADGE, whereas I have completed 5 jobs and earned decent amount (higher than those profiles), with all 5 Star Rating and a Tip in one of the project. Still, I have not got my Rising Talent Badge, can you please guide me with this.

I have already read the details about RISING TALENT criteria several times, but when I see profiles having fewer projects and less earning than me makes me think what is that I am missing to get RISING TALENT BADGE.

Thanks in advance for guiding me.

Gurjeet

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

gurjeet k wrote:

Being inquisitive about Upwork and how this platform works for freelancers, I stumble upon few profiles and found they have completed only 2 or fewer projects (less than 5) and earned far less than me, they are having RISING TALENT BADGE, whereas I have completed 5 jobs and earned decent amount (higher than those profiles), with all 5 Star Rating and a Tip in one of the project. Still, I have not got my Rising Talent Badge, can you please guide me with this.

I have already read the details about RISING TALENT criteria several times, but when I see profiles having fewer projects and less earning than me makes me think what is that I am missing to get RISING TALENT BADGE.

Gurjeet

They will never tell you the algorithm, but I think it also has to do with how over- or underpopulated the skillsets are.

You need to stop obsessing over this. Getting the rising talent is not a life-changing event, and some people never get it and go straight to JSS. Now that is something to obsess about. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
martina_plaschka
Community Member

gurjeet k wrote:

Gurjeet

They will never tell you the algorithm, but I think it also has to do with how over- or underpopulated the skillsets are.

You need to stop obsessing over this. Getting the rising talent is not a life-changing event, and some people never get it and go straight to JSS. Now that is something to obsess about. 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gurjeet,

Rising Talent status is automatically applied to users whose profiles meet all of the requirements. You are on your way to get a Job Success Score, one of the requirements to earn and maintain Top Rated status. To get the Top Rated badge, you'll need to fulfill all of the requirements mentioned in this help article

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths