🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: proposal submission
Page options
upwaq
Community Member

proposal submission

I just saw a post where the client is interviewing 3 candidates and already sent 3 invites out of which 2 are unanswered. Am I supposed to send the proposal for this very post or not? Though I am interested in sending the proposal to them and this thing is worrying me.

Any guidance in this regard is very appreciated.

Best,

Waqas.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Waqas A wrote:

I just saw a post where the client is interviewing 3 candidates and already sent 3 invites out of which 2 are unanswered. Am I supposed to send the proposal for this very post or not? Though I am interested in sending the proposal to them and this thing is worrying me.

If you think that you're a particularly good fit for the project and it's worth spending 30-90 cents for a chance at being hired, then sure, go ahead. I would estimate that at least half of the projects I'm invited to bid on don't result in my being hired, so just because the client is interviewing someone, it doesn't mean that you don't have a chance.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Waqas A wrote:

If you think that you're a particularly good fit for the project and it's worth spending 30-90 cents for a chance at being hired, then sure, go ahead. I would estimate that at least half of the projects I'm invited to bid on don't result in my being hired, so just because the client is interviewing someone, it doesn't mean that you don't have a chance.

Thanks, Christine for this encouraging reply. And what about the invites sent by the client?

florydev
Community Member

Waqas A wrote:

Thanks, Christine for this encouraging reply. And what about the invites sent by the client?

I wouldn't worry about them myself.  Nearly all of the invites I have received directly by clients were not a good match to my skills at all.  Chances are good the same is true for this job.  Invites in a lot of cases are random.  If the client had someone in mind they just would have hired the person directly.

Just write a better proposal about why you are the best fit.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Hi,Waqas.

You won't need to spend any connects to reply to client invitations to bid...

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062898-Use-Connects

... so all you're losing by submitting an unsuccessful bid is your time. Of course, some jobs just aren't worth applying to.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths