🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » "Active" vs. "Submitted" Proposal
Page options
jenjellyfish
Community Member

"Active" vs. "Submitted" Proposal

Under "Proposals" in my account, there are two headers: "Active Proposals" and "Submitted Proposals." What's the difference, please? Thanks a heap! 😎
10 REPLIES 10
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Jen, 

Submitted proposals are proposals you sent which have not yet received a reply. Active proposals are proposals that you are actively discussing with a client. You can hover your mouse on the "question mark/tool-tip" beside these labels to know more about it. 

Since it sounds like you are new here, 
I highly recommend that you read up on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. Please don’t forget to read the Safety First! section of the resources, and these tips for avoiding questionable jobs for more information about working safely through Upwork.

~ Avery
Upwork

Please let me know what do archived proposal mean?

Hi Swikriti,

When a job post is closed or it has expired your proposal will be moved from the Active section under the Archived section. If something is still confusing, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi, it means that it was declined, or that the job was closed or expired. There should be a reason under the column cleverly labled"REASON" on the right.
d5fa06ea
Community Member

I have 2 proposals in my “Active” that don’t appear in my inbox as discussions. What does this mean?

bilsim
Community Member

Christina H wrote:

I have 2 proposals in my “Active” that don’t appear in my inbox as discussions. What does this mean?

Click on them to check for any prompts or messages from the client.

63cf1a86
Community Member

Hi Avery

What next step client will take on Active proposal? 

Hi Shashi,

That really depends on the client and how your communication or interview panned out. They may either send you an offer or not.

~ AJ
Upwork

Thanx AJ for your reply.

5e50e964
Community Member

How do i get A job on upwork please help me

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths