🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » "Low to No" Client fees for Direct Contracts?
Page options
andreapayme
Community Member

"Low to No" Client fees for Direct Contracts?

OK, I get it; I'll be charged 3.4% if I bring a new Direct Contract client onto Upwork. But all the information I can find states that the client will be charged "Low to No" fees.  That doesn't cut it.  Does anyone know what the actual fee would be for a client, or how it is calculated?

Thanks!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Andrea,

The cost to clients is zero. They only pay the cost of the project. Direct Contracts is a separate product from the rest of the Upwork marketplace and does not include the same features as traditional accounts. As a result, it does not cost us as much to offer and maintain, and we are able to extend those savings to you. In general, charging fees is a critical part of Upwork being able to continue to grow and bring new clients to our marketplace. With Direct Contracts, we only charge a payment processing fee because freelancers are bringing their own clients. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JoanneP

Hi Andrea,

Freelancers are charged a 3.4% payment processing fee. For example, if your earnings are $100 you’ll be charged a payment processing fee of $3.40 USD. You are not charged a freelancer service fee, only the 3.4%. Here's the help article for more information. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you, but that wasn't my question. I want to know about the "Low to No" fees charged to my client, AFTER and IN ADDITION to the 3.4% payment processing fee that I will be charged. 

Hi Andrea,

The cost to clients is zero. They only pay the cost of the project. Direct Contracts is a separate product from the rest of the Upwork marketplace and does not include the same features as traditional accounts. As a result, it does not cost us as much to offer and maintain, and we are able to extend those savings to you. In general, charging fees is a critical part of Upwork being able to continue to grow and bring new clients to our marketplace. With Direct Contracts, we only charge a payment processing fee because freelancers are bringing their own clients. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thank you so much for that helpful answer.

Clients using Direct Contracts pay 3% fees on PayPal and credit card charges.

danish_memon
Community Member

They say "Low to no" fee but my client had to pay 45$ on 300$ contract, it is a huge processing fee for clients

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths