Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Please re-submit your VAT number"

Highlighted
Ronnie L Member Since: Jan 26, 2018
1 of 9

Hello,

Upwork is unable to verify the VAT number I submitted. This was to be my reply and question to Upwork (but apparently replies are not accepted):

As a resident of the Canary Islands, I submitted my NIE number, which is the tax number for foreigners here. The reason you will not be able to verify it is because, although the Canaries are part of Spain and the EU, they are "not part of Community territory for the purposes of VAT", which is explained here: https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs/business/other-taxes/turnover-taxes-canary-islands_en . That means I do not charge VAT for customers outside the Canary Islands. 

How will this be handled?

I doubt whether "the community" will be able to solve this issue but would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Many thanks in advance,
RL

Community Guru
Nina K Member Since: Nov 29, 2017
BEST ANSWER
2 of 9

Hi Ronnie,

A member of the team will reach out to you directly to assist you.

~Nina
3 of 9

Thanks, Nina! 

Eliseo H Member Since: Oct 1, 2018
4 of 9

I'm having the same problem. I tried adding my NIE as VAT number but rejected. Also from the Canary Islands.

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
5 of 9

Hi Eliseo,

One of our team members will reach out to you shortly and assist you further. Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Untitled
Andres M Member Since: May 14, 2019
6 of 9

I have the same problem and haven't been able to find a link or a solution towards this. Can someone help me? I'm also in the Canary Islands and it's impossible to verify this without your assistance.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
7 of 9

Hi Andres,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further. Thank you.

Untitled
Andres M Member Since: May 14, 2019
8 of 9
Thank you so much
9 of 9

Hi, I believe the Upwork team were able to suss this. Good luck!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS