🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » "Poor reviews about the client" -- Is the awf...
Page options
bbc1ac4e
Community Member

"Poor reviews about the client" -- Is the awful client I last worked with now restricted? -I HOPE SO

Hi Upwork Community!  

I had an awful experience with a client, tried to speaking to him after he disputed my payment of 1 week, then still approved the following week for payment, so odd and his temperment was just as hot/cold and unorganized.  The dispute and scoring he left were awful and he was a power-trip type business owner, very difficult to work with.  I tried to report him and never really heard back from Upwork about my request to have my review examined more.  I've been keeping an eye on this client hoping that my score would change.  They used to have several jobs posted and now only 1 displays where the job info is not shown unless you click open to see the job.  The job description on the main page before you open the ad for more job details has the job labeled as "Poor reviews about the client".  Does this mean he is now flagged / Restricted?   The many jobs he had listed are no longer.  I'm hoping Upwork behind the scenes will help me on my score as this the only awful score that changed his "1" rating on my profile from 100% to 63% and his dispute was false.  He won of course but I had proof that I worked and Upwork never asked for my side of the story.  Regardless, if you can help me confirm if this client is indeed restricted, etc. Then I will feel better knowing that likely Upwork is on top of this awful client so that other Freelancers never have to experience this.  I called him and begged him to change my false score.  He said he would if I paid him.  This should not be allowed whatsoever and I hope Upwork kicks this awful business man off the platform.  If anyone can confirm what this all means, if he's restricted, then that would help me feel better as maybe my score will improve soon.   Any info is appreciated.  Thank you Upwork!  You help my family beyond measure.  When something like this happens, it truly impacts the pockets.  Please do more to help filter out these awful business people that only care about the moment of winning a dispute and their ego, not the impact and detriment it can cause a whole family.  

2 REPLIES 2
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Angela,

I'm very sorry to hear about what happened. Please note that we are unable to discuss the details of another user's account with you for privacy reasons. Regarding your Dispute, we will not be able to discuss the details here because it’s a public Community. Please refer to this ticket for more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hi there, didn't want to discuss any dispute, just wanted to know what the status of "Poor reviews about the client" represented on the client spectrum.  I know this client ultimately blocked me and wondered if that's why I saw this or if this means a client is restricted?  I'm trying to understand the plain meaning of this status as I couldn't find it within the community platform as something previously discussed.  Can you explain the basics of what any of this status that I see means so I can learn? No details of a dispute needs to be known.  Or am I seeing this because a dipute was implemented on this situation?  Please just explain the circumstances for such a status to be labled on Upwork?  thank you. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths