Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Required: Satisfaction ranking of 90"

steve_saxon
Steve S Member Since: Jun 9, 2017
1 of 3

Hi Folks,

I recently filled out my profile as a freelance writer and started browsing the job listings. I've looked through a few dozen jobs so far and with the exception of one, they all require a satisfaction ranking of at least 90. I click on the adjoining exclamation point, and get a dispiriting message informing me that I don't qualify. 

Well duh! I haven't done any projects through Upwork yet, so I have no satisfaction ranking - although I know it will be great once I get started. But what do I do now? It looks like I have to limit my search to those very few jobs that don't have the 90 score requirement. Is that correct?

Thanks for any and all advice!

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 3

Hi Steve,

It's true that a lot of clients have a preference for certain Job Success score percentage on their job postings. However, if you feel like you are a perfect candidate for the job and have the necessary skills and experience to complete it, you can still send your proposal to the client and they'll be able to view it. You can also focus on jobs that don't have this preference until you build up your profile.

~ Valeria
Upwork
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 3

Steve - go right ahead and apply anyway! Write a killer proposal, especially the first line which is all the client sees in the preview window.

Those are "just" preferences. At this stage it's worth to bolly ignore them!