🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: "This number is being used by another acc...
Page options
thanh_tung
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

Hello, Upwork

I too am having trouble verifying my number. When I get my money to my local bank, I can not get code verifying to my phone or my E-mail, I tried it in 2 days and it is the same problem. Would you be able to have a team member reach out to me as well? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Leonardo,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

899 REPLIES 899

Hey there.

Whilst setting up my profile it's telling me that my phone number is being used by another account. How do i fix this?

Hi Luke,

Thank you for your message. Firstly, welcome to Upwork! I can see that you were able to reach out to our support team seeking assistance and a support ticket has been set up. Please allow our team time to review your account and you should be getting an update through the same ticket.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Having the same issue, can I get some help too?

Hi Bohdan,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Have the same problem: This number is being used by another account

Can you help me please

thanks 

Hi Elena,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Community Member

Hi!
Thank you for you reple
Do you know approx when my issue will be solved?
Need it ASAP
and i have my account which worked great some time ago

Thanks

Hi Elena,

I can see that the team has reached out to you via that support ticket with instructions on how to resolve the issue. We highly suggest you coordinate with the team through that ticket so that they can assist you accordingly and more efficiently.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi Im having the same issue

Hi Zao,

I'll have one of our team members reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with the phone verification. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I am having the same issue!

"This number is being used by another account"

My phone number is being used by another account, and I've never made my account before

HELP

Hi Joo Won,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ AJ
Upwork

I am having the same issue, can someone help me please?

Hi Miguel,

I have escalated your report to the appropriate team and one of the members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket. Kindly communicate through this page if you need further assistance or updates.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi, I'm also having the same problem.

Hi Alex,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi, I am also having the same issue. I don't ever recall making an account before. 

Hi Katy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I have the same problem can I have some help please

Hi Zao,

I can see that you're experiencing this issue for quite a while now. You also reached out to us a few days back with the same concern and support tickets have been created here. One of the team members has reached out with assistance on how to proceed with the issue via email here. You can still update the ticket and communicate with the team by responding to the email associated with it. 

~ Arjay
Upwork
bd97bd61
Community Member

Hello I try to reach the team member to send the screenshot but the ticket appears solve

Can I post the image here?

I don't have the email of the team member to send it

Hi Zao,

Thank you for reaching out. Please check the corresponding email that was sent to you. You can reply to the said email and it will reopen the support ticket and direct it to the agent assigned to you.

~ AJ
Upwork

Hi, I have the same issue.

Hi Bryan,

I've asked for the assistance of our team. Please allow time for our team to check. One of our agents will be in touch to assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm getting this same issue as well. Thought I might have tried signing up with a different email before, but any of those possible emails are not tied to an account when I try to log in with them, so I'm not sure why my phone number would be tied to another account at this point.

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I'm having this same problem. When setting up my profile it keeps saying that my phone number is associated with another account. I don't recall having another account and if I did at one point then it was a mistake. I just want to finish setting up my account already, please fix this problem! 

Hi Isaiah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

I have the same issue where it says my phone number is being used. Could I please get some help?

This is also occurring for me.  

Hi Sasha,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
7bb323f9
Community Member

Hello I'm having the same problem. Can I have some assistance? 

Hi Tyler,

~Andrea
Upwork

I'm having the same problem, it is my first time creating an account and it says that my phone number is being used by another account .

Hi Mhiret,

Firstly, welcome to Upwork, and thank you for reaching out to us here in the community. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Arjay
Upwork

Hi I am also having the same issue! 

Hi Samuel,

~ AJ
Upwork

I have the same issue, please help. 

Hi Romario,

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths