🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: "This number is being used by another acc...
Page options
thanh_tung
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

Hello, Upwork

I too am having trouble verifying my number. When I get my money to my local bank, I can not get code verifying to my phone or my E-mail, I tried it in 2 days and it is the same problem. Would you be able to have a team member reach out to me as well? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Leonardo,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

899 REPLIES 899
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Juan Pablo.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with this verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
jptanaro
Community Member

Hi Bojan, someone contacted me but, as last time, once I answer they don't reply back and I need to solve this. I'm losing my job responsiveness score because of this

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Juan Pablo,

Please allow time for our team to respond and update the ticket. If you have any additional question please post them on that ticket for further assistance.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi Upwork team, I also got the same issue. I can't receive my verification code on my cell phone device. Please help!

Hi Yensis,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your code as soon as possible. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
645c866e
Community Member

Im having the same issue, have a valid UK number and it is not working

Hello,

My mobile number don't exist already, I cannot withdraw my funds due to text verification. Please assist. thanks.

Hi Joyce and Zaini,

Our team will reach out to you both via tickets and will assist you further with the code. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
f79654bf
Community Member

Hi,
I can not access while going to my setting. I can not enter to my account setting due to asking for authenticator code. Can you please help to fix or reset to have an sms verification security code.
Thanks..
Zaini

trendwiz
Community Member

Hi Upwork team,

I can't receive the text message sent to my phone for account verification.

I currently do not live in the US but I have my sim card and all necessary documents to prove my identity. 

Can you please help?

Thank you!

Hi Toygar,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I am not receiving a verification text message.

Hi Georgy,

I've escalated your request to our team. One of our team members will update your ticket to assist you further. You can access the ticket when you log in to your Upwork account and going here.

~ Joanne
Upwork
4e82c561
Community Member

My other account can't receive text messenger. Please contact to me via **Edited for Community Guidelines**. Please help me.

Hi Truyenn,

I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via an email to assist you further.

Please know that freelancers aren’t allowed to have multiple accounts. We will assist you with the issue you are experiencing on your original account, and we'll help you with closing the one you created to reach out to us.

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
b33a2821
Community Member

I am at the last step of editing my profile which is the verification of phone number.. And Im not receiving any texts with a code

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Jane Xuan.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your phone verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
569ab459
Community Member

I'm facing issues trying to verify my phone number. When I click "Send Code" on the profile creation page, I receive the following error: "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joseph,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
569ab459
Community Member

Hi Bojan,

I've tried clearing my cookies and cache with my usual browser, as well as using another browser (in which I also tried clearing cookies and cache,) but I'm still receiving the same error message.

Hi Joseph,

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience. I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
4e47e9af
Community Member

I am trying verify my phone number, text wont send, getting error message. need help.

I'm on one of the final steps to account creation and I need to verify my phone number.  When I click "send code" I just receive this error: "Something went wrong. Please try again later."

I've seen a few of these related questions but looks like it's something that I need help from Upwork on.  Any suggestions?

Hi Travis,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
9bb6e4c5
Community Member

Thank you Andrea.

9bb6e4c5
Community Member

Been several days at this point and I haven't heard anything.  When can I expect to hear from someone?

Hi Travis,

I have followed up with the team and one of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Charlie,

One of our agents will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

~Andrea
Upwork
nl1230
Community Member

Hi, 

The sms code isn't working, can email be used?

Hi N L,

I have checked your account and it looks like there's already a support ticket created with your concern. I highly suggest you communicate with our team through that ticket for updates and further assistance.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Community Member

I'm not receiving the text verification code to be a freelancer. Please help!

Hi Michelle,

I've requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will be in touch with you via a support ticket and help you get this fixed as soon as possible. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
37462bcc
Community Member

I have the same issue. Still haven't received a confirmation number via phone number.

Hi Nataliia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~Andrea
Upwork
ce31329f
Community Member

I'm trying to complete my profile but am met with a message that says "This number is being used by another account" when I attempt to enter my phone number. I don't recall making any previous accounts with Upwork using that phone number, and if I did my apologies for the hassle, but I could use a hand getting this to accept my phone number.

Hi Adam,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hey there.

Whilst setting up my profile it's telling me that my phone number is being used by another account. How do i fix this?

Hi Alexander,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Thanks so you much!
7d87f8fb
Community Member

Hi Joanne,

I'm also facing the same problem. Can you help me out with this? Thanks!

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths