🐈
» Forums » Support » Re: "This number is being used by another acc...
Page options
thanh_tung
Community Member

Phone Number is already in use

Hello, Upwork

I too am having trouble verifying my number. When I get my money to my local bank, I can not get code verifying to my phone or my E-mail, I tried it in 2 days and it is the same problem. Would you be able to have a team member reach out to me as well? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Leonardo,

If you need help verifying your phone number, it would be best if you reach out directly to our support team so they can assist you within a private and secure channel of communication. 

How do I reach a human in customer support?

1. Select Get Support at the bottom of the Help Center page
  2. Type a question or topic and select "Send." The bot will find relevant Help articles for you.
  3. If we don't find the information you need after a few tries, you’ll see an option under the article selections to "Contact Support"
  4. Select "Contact Support" and follow the options provided

Update:

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation on this new thread.

Thank you!

~ Luiggi
Upwork

View solution in original post

899 REPLIES 899

Hi Rolan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here .

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
db690575
Community Member

Im also facing the same issue, i try to register in upwork, i get the below mesg for my phone number

This number is being used by another account

Hi Yuvarajgopal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

Hi Adam H,

I am sorry to hear that you are facing this issue in the initial steps. But as this issue has come in Admin's notice, it will be fixed soon. Some technical faults might be there. However, every problem has a solution.

All the best.

Thanks

Naheedmir

https://www.coupongot.com/

Hello,

I am having the same issue. I had an Upwork account previously but had deactivated when I found a more permanent job. Hoping to rejoin the community.

Thank you

Hi Nicolas,

One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm also having a similar issue.

Hi David,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further. You can access your ticket here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

I have a client account successfully setup. I need to add a freelancer account to the same login. I filled out my new freenlancer account profile, but got stuck in the phone verification form. "This number is being used by another account"

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rod,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your phone verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello I am having the same trouble with It stating the Number is being used by another account. I can not get my account setup because of this. Can you please help.

Hi Kristal,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi,

I'm also having the same problem as the original post.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Andrew, 

It looks like another account is using the number. This is just a gentle reminder that users are not allowed to have more than one account on Upwork.

A Customer Support Team member will reach out to you directly to assist you further with your concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
b9a7c0e8
Community Member

I am having the same issue!!! Can you please reach out to me as well and help me update my phone number issue???

Thank you!

-Thomas Blake

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your message. I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly to assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
9bdc6292
Community Member

Hi there, I'm also dealing with the problem of the original post

Hi Denis,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome to Upwork! I have escalated your concern and one of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your tickets on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I'm having the same problem on my account https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~01ea4608fe94ef9546125  even though I haven't registered any phone numbers before. What should I do?

Hi May,

I checked and it looks like you were already able to submit your profile for review and it was accepted! You may want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

If you need any further assistance please let us know. 

~Andrea
Upwork
nsoltis
Community Member

Hello,

I am having this same issue. I cannot publish my account. I am receiving the error "This number is being used by another account". Can you open a support ticket for me. The automated chatbot does not handle this well.

Thanks,

Nick

Hi Nicholas,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Im having the same problem "This number is being used by another account". Can someone help me please? Thanks

I just created an account and it says that my phone number is used by another account. can someone help me with this?

Hi Thais and Shehryar,

Thank you for your message. One of our team members will reach out to you both via ticket as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep

Upwork

I'm having this same problem. When setting up my profile it keeps saying that my phone number is associated with another account. I don't recall having another account and if I did at one point then it was a mistake. I just want to finish setting up my account already, please fix this problem! 

Hi Isaiah,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I checked and it looks like one of our agents already reached out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your ticket on this page.

~ Nikola
Upwork

I'm also having this isse... I've never used Upwork before so not really sure who's using my number? Help please!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Asher, 

I've asked for help from the Customer Support Team, and they will reach out to you directly through an email support ticket to assist you further. 

~ Avery
Upwork
1e73ef8c
Community Member

delete

I am having the same issue. "Phone number is used by another account" with no other information or steps on how to proceed whatsoever. How do I fix this?

Hi Joseph,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your number. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm having the same error. please advise.

Hi Cynthia,

I've escalated your concern to the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork

I'm also having this issue.

I also cannot get mine to work

I am having the same problem. I created an account years ago and never finished the setup process. Today I made a new account and have been stuck at the phone verification stage. Please help 

Hi Adam,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with the team handling your case and one of our agents will follow up with you on your support ticket as soon as possible to assist you further. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

My account is doing the same thing. Does anyone have a fix for it or does a support ticket have to be opened?

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Kelli, 

A member of the Customer Support Team has reached out to you directly to assist you further with your account concern. 

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths