🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » "We're sorry, but something went wrong. Pleas...
Page options
ac383fbc
Community Member

"We're sorry, but something went wrong. Please try again later".

I have client account and when I try to creat freelancer account I getting this problem, I cleared cache and cookies but the problem still remaind
15 REPLIES 15
JoanneP

Hi Vladimir, 

I'm sorry to hear that you had trouble trying to create a freelancer account. Could you please try using a different browser? If the issue persists, please let us know. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
097c8715
Community Member

Hello

I've got exactly the same problem.

I've cleared all cookies and tried 3 different browsers

Hello Gennady,

I'll have one of our customer support agents reach out to you directly and assist you further.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork

Hello,

I'm having the same problem. Could you please reach out to me too?

Thanks

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Emmanuel,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
7051b75d
Community Member

Hello!

I have a client account on Upwork. But now I want to create the freelancer account. But when I go to create a new account on upwork in settings and then click the button "become a freelancer" I get error message "Sorry something went wrong".

I have tried by changing the browser and internet but the issue still persists. Can someone please help me through this ?

Thanks in Advance!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Muhammad Wahaj.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with this concern.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Thank you, Pradeep!

Unfortunately at this stage, he suggests exactly the same solutions (cookies and browsers).

He leaves me with this for a day. Hope he will return someday to me and find the solution...

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Gennady,

I apologize for the delay in receiving an update. I’ll go ahead and follow up with the team handling your case and you can expect to receive an update on your ticket directly.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
4d9c69a0
Community Member

I can not set up a Freelancer account (My account currently is a Client Account). While using multiple browsers *Safari, Firefox and Chrome), and clearing cookies etc, I continue to get the "Something went wrong, please try again later message". I was also unable to find a way of creating a dedicated support ticket, other than to reply to an existing community message. 

If you can assist I would really appreciate it. 

Thanks

Hi John,

I'm sorry to hear you had trouble opening your freelancer profile. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
e941ad52
Community Member

I created a client account, but also want to create a freelancer account.

So I go to Settings > My info > Create new account > New freelancer account > Become a freelancer

Then it displays the error message attached.

Hello Greg,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you.

Pradeep H.

Upwork
95515b6c
Community Member

I'm having the same problem. Have tried three different browsers and cleared cache and cookies on all of them. I can't create the account. The "get support" bot was not helpful at all.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Court.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly to assist you with your verification process. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths