🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » regarding upwork
Page options
parthdevrani
Community Member

regarding upwork

what if i asked someone to offer me work outside of upwork even we aren,t connected in upwork no chat nothing...so if he report me to contacting him outside of upwork will it effect me?

9 REPLIES 9
prestonhunter
Community Member

Upwork has no rules prohibiting you from communicating outside of Upwork.

If a client finds you using Upwork, then Upwork requires that you work for that client only by setting up an Upwork contract and getting paid through Upwork.

If you get caught getting paid for an Upwork client outside of Upwork, you can have your Upwork account terminated. It is a serious ToS violation.

An Upwork freelancer has no obligation to involve Upwork in any way when working for a client that the freelancer met elsewhere (not on Upwork).

I am social media manager so I it fine to ask hi page etc in which m gonna
work?
B.t.w I get you 90% m asking cause lots of freelancing sites are banning
account for this

Thankyou 🙂

re: "I am social media manager"

Social media managers are allowed to use Upwork.

re: "Is it fine to ask a client about what page, etc. he wants me to work on?"

Yes.

re: "I'm asking because lots of freelancing sites are banning accounts for this."

Upwork is not "lots of freelancing sites." Upwork is Upwork. It does not matter what other sites do.

If you have questions about Upwork's rules, you may ask your questions here.

Social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. have ways for users to officially delegate authority to social media managers to help them with their accounts. As a professional, you are familiar with the ways these sites do this. As long as you follow the proper rules and procedures established by those sites, Upwork is happy to have you provide services as a social media manager.

Thankyou so much for clarifying me in detailed way.
10/10 satisfaction
Thanks again
robin_hyman
Community Member

Parth D wrote:

what if i asked someone to offer me work outside of upwork even we aren,t connected in upwork no chat nothing...so if he report me to contacting him outside of upwork will it effect me?

How did you connect/meet? 

If you saw a job on Upwork and figured out how to contact the client from the job description, that would definitely be grounds for having your account terminated. You need to make a proposal and go through Upwork. (And if this is not the situation that you're in, then I don't understand why you would be asking this question.)

Because I've already worked in some freelancing sites and there are some
policy that client can easily report you without any proof and that
directly ban your account without a single warning.

Hi Parth, 

I would also like to share this help article for more information about what actions can put your account in a temporary or permanent hold. 

~ Avery
Upwork

Thank you
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths