🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: removing bad feedback
Page options
wasim_syed
Community Member

removing bad feedback

How can i remove bad feedback from my last job? i'm not getting new jobs? is there any option for that?

11 REPLIES 11
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Syed W wrote:

How can i remove bad feedback from my last job? i'm not getting new jobs? is there any option for that?

There is, but you need to be top-rated to be able to use it. 

The feedback is so bad that I would seriously consider refunding the money - that would make it disappear too. 

The client actually ended the contract! do i still have an option for refund to get it disappear?

Hi Syed,

If you would like to refund a payment on a closed contract, you have the ability to issue a refund for 180 days after the payment is received. Once you issue a refund, you can't reverse it, and your account will reflect the refund immediately. You can find instructions on how to give a refund here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork

After refund payment, am i able to remove the feedback? If yes, how much i have to refund it to get feedback disappear. 

Hi Syed,

If you refund the client in full, the feedback and contract will no longer show in your work history. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

If you refund the total amount which he paid you then you can easily remove the feedback from your profile & it will no longer be visible on your profile! 🙂

Does it include the bonuses as well?

Hi Syed,

Yes, as long as any earnings (including bonuses) resulted from a contract it will continue to show on your profile.

Thanks,

~Andrea
Upwork

Can you tell me how to remove the contract completely after refunding the total earnings Smiley Indifferent

Hi Syed,

This will happen automatically as contracts without earnings are not shown in your profile by design.

Thanks,

~Andrea
Upwork

Syed, 

Just remember that if you refund (everything) completely, your public feedback will not show, nor will your contract. However, if your client gave you poor private feedback, that will remain and will probably affect your eventual JSS. 

ETA: Upwork, I think there are occasions when clients should also be investigated. The feedback this client has given the OP is defamatory, and the OP has no way of clearing this client's libellous statement other than by refunding. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths