🐈
» Forums » New to Upwork » Re: removing contacts from message section
Page options
d8741900
Community Member

removing contacts from message section

How can i delete messages from the freelancers that i have finished interviewing ?

10 REPLIES 10
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Chanka,

There is an option to hide a room. In order to do it, you need to hover your mouse over the name of the room on the left panel and then click on the (...) icon.

~ Goran
Upwork

Under the messages tab there is an option for (View All Rooms & People)
People list 1.jpg

I can still see if these people are online or not.

I do not want to see them online and i do not want them te see me online or not.

I want to be able to remove all old contacts from my list and have myself removed from their list at the same time i remove them from my list 

I request that Upwork protect the clients privacy and enable this feature to have myself no longer in dozons of other peoples list.

I select who i want to remove form my new and or old contacts and that i am at the same time removed from the other persons list so my privacy is protected.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry you feel that your privacy is not protected, Justin. You should be able to block these users by clicking on their image, and clicking on the block option as shown below. Once a user is blocked, they will be unable to send messages to you.

Block Freelancer.png

~ Avery
Upwork
7379bc17
Community Member

Thank you for the response about using block option.

There are some issues,

1- It does not show who is blocked the user image stays the same there is no indication of blocked status.

2- The block option along with other contact options should be accessible in the View All Rooms and People window.

I appreciate your taking action on this thank you.

Hello Justin,

Thank you for sharing your suggestions here. I'll share this with the team. 

Thanks!

Untitled

Hello Goran,

I was just wondering if I do remove people on my messages section or hide them. Can they still see that I am online?

Thanks in advance.

Von

Hi Von Carlo,

If you hide the messages from your end, your client can still see you online. If you don't want your clients to see when your online, you can set your status to "Invisible" by clicking on your profile picture. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
27ejy
Community Member

Thank you.

I don't think by hiding messages will hide you from others(clients). If you block someone then I suppose he won't be able to see your profile in the future but the messages can still be seen because it is the conversation between you & the client.

Hope it helps you!

Thank you.
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths